Jack Thompson - What the hell is his problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Hog said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Forget what I said above, I just went on Wiki and read about it. This is sick.... What kind of person would take years out of their life just to make some kind of game that is pure gruesome killing..... This guy needs help.
Please tell me that you're not saying that Jack Thompson made the game...
Ditto. Did you even read the article?

Come on, who could ever release games like this?, it's just too harsh, and out of order,and because of these type of games coming out, that's how some of the murders in countries like England etc happen.

Yes, I would hate the people who made it. Cold blooded ********. They have no courtesy, or mercy at all. Sorry, but I really hate things like this.

HYPERKNUX said:
Come on, who could ever release games like this?, it's just too harsh, and out of order,and because of these type of games coming out, that's how some of the murders in countries like England etc happen.

The people that get the taste for blood for video games, are the ones that are highly mentally unstable. If they buy the game, that's their problem, they shouldn't have been sold it in the first place. It's the same as, say...

Person A has a mental illness, he decides to punch person B. A plays a lot of Tekken and had just been playing it, everyone blames the game. But in fact, if A had not had the mental illness, he would not have punched B.

Jack Thompson wants to law suit Wendy's or something, just because they had Wii toys in their kids meals, and Manhunt 2 is on the Wii. What the heck, man? It's not like they where selling Manhunt toys, or encouraging little kids to suffocate each other with the plastic bags. (XD)
I can understand him getting tic'd off at the most violent game ever made,
but that's no reason for him to besmirch the entire industry's name.

Should Manhunt 2 have been made? Nope.
But should Thompson blame the entire industry for Rock Star's ignorance?
Heck no.

And yeah, If I get stuck in a fighting game I get mad as crap. (Art of Fighting 3 made me break my favorite controller.) But I'm not gonna kill anybody over it.

I think somebody should have quated this by now, but noone did. Here goes.

Eirikr said:
Manhunt 2 should not be released for Wii, period. Unlike most games that get the unfair rating of a "murder simulator", with the Wii's unique controls, that's all Manhunt 2 really is.

At some point, free speech has to give way to censorship because the simple fact is that any kid I know who plays videogames plays M-rated games. In any context, kids learning how to kill someone with a plastic bag with the Wiimote=Game industry in deep water.

HYPERKNUX said:
*face palms*
Video games do not cause violence, there are studies to prove this. Dumbasses that use video games as a scapegoat cause violence. Way to go, you're buying into the stupid shit Jack Thompson has been spreading.

I can safely say that I've been playing (very) violent videogames ever since I was 13, and I still play them now that I am 18. So what's the problem?.. Really, I blame bad parenting. I don't want to get into specifics but, hell, I even seen a line graph on how violence went DOWN, SHARPLY throughout the years as videogames became more prominent.

Jack Thompson's full of shit, you make an accusation that World War II was caused by videogames and you're considered a madman.

I'm telling you now, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament 2004, Grand Theft Auto, Doom 3, Quake 2, Quake 3, Quake 4, Gears of War, hell these are some of my favorites. Why? Because they're GOOD games, not 'cause they're gory, they have violence, a good number of these are shooters, and of course, guns are very dangerous so they make'em violent to be a bit fun.

Someone countered me and said "All you like are violent videogames, you're psychotic!" More bullshit, there are games I enjoy that AREN'T violent. F-Zero GX, Kingdom Hearts, Super Smash Brothers, Forza Motorsport 2, Super Mario World, Armored Core 4, etcetera. These ones are NOT violent, they are purely recreational and FUN, like the shooters I listed a paragraph above.

So what gives? There's a reason why developers try to create "immersion", that's so it feels like you can do something in a game when, otherwise, you can't do it in real life. Lets say I wanted to beat up and old woman and get away with it? Gotta follow the obvious, find a way to make sure nobody's around, isolated or shady spot, do the work, run away. Even THEN you might get caught and be in some DEEP SHIT, whereas, you do it in Grand Theft Auto, you just jog up, beat'er down with a baseball bat, jog away.

I guess that was a bad example, but my point remains clear, Jack Thompson's just a confused old man, his words are nothing but bullshit. If you believe him you can go ahead and get shanked by his old, wrinkly attention-penis.

Sorry if this is offends anyone, but I've said what I wanted to say. This is a very touchy issue for me, especially since I'm going into the gaming industry later on.

He seems like an arrogant idiot who has nothing better to do with his life than destroy the verry world that we find to be the most fun. (Video game violence)

Jurai_Madman said:
AMEN! Jack Thompson is a conservative Christian hillbilly with absolutely no common sense.

Right, because all of us 'Christian-conservatives' are like that.

Jurai_Madman said:
AMEN! Jack Thompson is a conservative Christian hillbilly with absolutely no common sense.

Seriously, no, the only thing you'll get from that is disrespect. Prejudice is something people frown upon. And I'm sure many people will find that very offensive.

Hey, Thompson makes us all feel normal and smart!

Yeah, I hate the ****head...

I have been playing many, many, MANY violent video games and yet have I ever comitted a crime...

But the thing is... The Hot Coffee mod. It's wasn't even Rockstar's fault... It was some lowlife that hack into the game. Jack is going after Rockstar for no reason.

Silver360 said:
Jack is going after Rockstar for no reason.

Sure there is.

He's a friggin' attention whore.

That, coupled with the fact that he's an imbecile, makes for a volatile combination, the likes of which both annoy and amuse the masses.

It's funny how he keeps on saying GTA is bad when there is other games just like it, for instance Saints Row. An he didn't do nothing about that game.

Well, at least he's going after violent, more adult games. Unlike those idiots who think Pokemon is evil and satanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back