SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

Bonus Stage - Proof of Concept (sc_bonusstage.wad) Details »»
Bonus Stage - Proof of Concept (sc_bonusstage.wad)
Developer Last Online: Dec 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (3 votes - 4.00 average)
Released: 02-28-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 3
Single Player Levels Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

So, after making KeepStatus.lua as a warmup, I decided to take it a lot further and see what Lua could really do. What I ended up with is this: A functioning Sonic 3 style bonus stage warp. It is designed to work with any starpost in any level, including custom WADs.

Here's how it works:

First, collect 50 rings, then run through a starpost. Once you've done that, you'll see a ring of sparkles appear over the starpost. Jump into the sparkles and you'll disappear, then you'll be sent to the bonus stage.

The bonus stage is basically just a long hall with the waterslide special effect, but without the water. The stage uses gumballs similar to the ones in Sonic 3's bonus stages. In fact, they're all just recolors of Sonic 3's sprites. All you have to do is touch them to get them.

Blue B gives you Force Shield
White B gives you Whirlwind Shield
Yellow B gives you Attraction Shield
Green B gives you Elemental Shield
Black B gives you Armageddon Shield
Ring gumball gives you 10 Rings
Purple 1UP gives you an extra life

Once you've finished the bonus stage, you'll be sent back to the starpost you came from, with all the rings, shields, and 1UPs you collected from it.

UPDATE: Bonus Stage should now work in Co-op!

Download Now

File Type: zip sc_bonusstage.zip (16.2 KB, 534 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20005.gif
Views:	1130
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	7584   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20006.gif
Views:	1337
Size:	4.80 MB
ID:	7585   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20004.png
Views:	847
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	7586  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 05-15-2016   #22
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFox View Post
The only broken thing I see with Shadow is that he becomes visible again after jumping into the sparkles. This doesn't affect Silver, or any other character as far as I can tell.

The only problem I saw with Silver was a warning that appeared when I loaded into the bonus stage:

WARNING: ./Characters/Silver.wad|LUA_SSIN:189: attempt to compare number with nil

My Silver.wad was last updated on May 11th, so I'm not sure whether I have the latest version or not.

Regardless, these seem more like character issues than issues with the Bonus Stage. If you could give me more details about what problems you're seeing, I might be able to help more.
With Shadow, the Bonus Stage is unplayable like an broken level on Doom. With Silver, his script can... Break? anyways, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Isjgc0oX0s

(Elyos03 received a warning for this post: Act like a mature adult. Use some common sense when posting.)
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #23
FuriousFox
AKA FuriousFox
Developer

Telling me "It's broken" isn't very descriptive. Aside from the two problems I mentioned in my previous post, everything is working fine for me. You need to give me more details about what is happening if you want me to fix whatever it is you're seeing.
FuriousFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #24
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Modification makers are not expected to maintain compatibility with other addons, with the more complicated script assuming culpability - which is typically custom characters. You'd best ask Lat and Speedwagon to fix any potential conflicts, rather than pestering FuriousFox about it.

Also, as he said - your error description is extremely vague, and you can't expect anyone to know what you're talking about if you don't give specifics.
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016   #25
"Lat'"
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Silver error is not caused by your bonus stage but by my scripting skills (it's an error from the script that is used to display Super Frames). Apologies for that lol. However, I can't see any problem with Shadow, I just tested it out of curiosity and it all worked alright.
"Lat'" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017   #26
Aquatic Hinote
iDragon, new Apple device

I wonder if Sonic 3 & Knuckles Giant Rings as a method for entering Special Stages could work with this?
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
Techie Valley
I think this is a GREAT name. I fully approve of this.
Aquatic Hinote is offline   Reply With Quote