SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

[Emerald Hunt] Mondo Mountain Details »»
[Emerald Hunt] Mondo Mountain
Version: 1.0, by Sonicboy The Hedgehog (^ is really "Axel Moon".) Sonicboy The Hedgehog is offline
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.60 average)
Released: 06-08-2017 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Sprites/Graphics

What started as a simple emerald test map for fun, slowly evolved into something original! You all should know the drill by now, 3 emeralds to collect, large map to explore. (You might even find a visual gag along the way.)

All resources are contained within the wad itself, there is no need for any resource/texture packs to be loaded and all missing texture should be counted for. If there are any issues, please message me.

Known Bugs:

A couple slime trails hidden about the level, but they don't appear to detract any from the level itself.

The Half-Pipe Ramp is a bit finicky due to how srb2 handles slopes, rolling down them works fine however, though you may sometimes slip off due to going over the wood rails. Ice/Sludge was used to simulate the physics of the slopes so you cannot just "walk up them" without sliding back down.

The Camera can be a tad unforgiving, getting stuck on walls a few times, I need to look into that further. This map does work properly with Analog mode, but the jumps will seem more like a (leap-o-faith) scenerio. Only play that way at your own risk.

Small areas will cause your fps to hiccup a tad, I'm working on pinpointing the areas that do this. Currently one of them appears to be near the Gargoyles.

Author Notes:

I actually have plans in the future of turning this also into a match map, but a lot would have to be tweaked if I want to pull that idea off. That will happen at a later time, and this topic shall be updated accordingly.

https://youtu.be/yLy15XQklm0

A Video of a slightly older build, but the same basic premise of the map in action.

(The wad contains quite a few custom resources, from new water flat replacements, new emerald radar sprites, new grass flats, and a few updates and variations on existing resources. Please do not rip them from the wad as a resource pack shall soon be uploaded containing them to be used by anyone properly, unless I already granted you permission.)

(All resources and content creators are credited, and linked within a credits (text) lump within the wad, if any questions about the locations of resources used or etc.

Happy Hunting! - Axel Moon

Download Now

File Type: zip sc_MondoMountain.zip (567.0 KB, 180 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20114.png
Views:	197
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	10667   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20109.png
Views:	183
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	10668   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20115.png
Views:	172
Size:	394.3 KB
ID:	10669  

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 06-09-2017   #2
Zipper
Soulja boy I tell 'em
Judge

Welcome to Releases!
Old 06-09-2017   #3
-CG7244-
*This guy is making sprites

Oh nice! I was waiting for this, nice job on it! I have "lagspikes" a bit on that map, but who cares, this is the first level that I see that includes customized palette and nice graphics.
Old 06-10-2017   #4
STHE123O
Little Monster

Really nice level. I like the music, textures and the overall design! Some parts could be a little more open, thats the only thing I can suggest. Its nice to see some single player maps here. Keep them coming! :)
STHE123O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017   #5
Sonicboy The Hedgehog
^ is really "Axel Moon".

I've have to agree with you there. Trying to find the perfect balance between being open, yet avoiding looking entirely bland isn't an easy task. I've also noticed the lagspikes myself a tad, so I'll probably sneak a small update once I figure out the more troublesome areas. I'm already aware the Gargoyle area happens to be one of them.
Old 06-11-2017   #6
Phantom-blade
Oh Fuckles, It's Knuckles!

What a nice level, definitely fun to play in! You should make the water colormap less tense though.
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote