• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mystic Realm Legacy (Portation topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
practically everything, I just need to double check for anything I missed before putting the Soc back in.

That's because you were so stubborn not to use the converter.
Well as a result, I've started memorizing a few thing types and linedef actions. I've also figured out how to recreate the 1.09.4 Red Volcano entry method (a bit modified though due to devemode being used), I've picked up the old method for making things float (Usefull for Doom), and the official maps have started rubbing off on me. Something that might of happened later if I didn't do this.

Last edited:
Okay, i'd give my opinion about Gabler and Neo Chaotikal projects.

Although i like more the Neo Chaotikal version (because it uses SRB2 v2.0 stuff, and if i want to play an old version of this level pack i will play it in SRB" v1.09.4).

But i think that both projects are good. One is the classic version of the Mystic Realm, and the other is the newer version of the mystic realm.

For Neo Chaotikal version:

· Will you add SRB2 2.0 enemies and thing to this level pack?
· Will you port the NAGZ new sections for AGZ?

Altough those screenshoots you show aren't perfect, i thing that seem really good, the most important problem is that the second one is too dark for players.

The soc is nearly ready for the first trial run on 2.0.6. before the first test, I must still convert the thing numbers so they correspond to the free slots available.

This thing definitely takes more than eight hits. I didn't look into it much yet, but I'll try finding out why.

EDIT: No wonder, the SpawnHealth is at 20.

Last edited:
Not entirely sure I'm going to need it for mystic realm, but this will work perfectly for SRB2 The Past.
In that case, you should also use the old sprites (which you can just rip from the old IWAD as supply as a custom sprite set).

Failure: The soc was ported, but I ran into some problems.

Warning: Mobj of type 330 with invalid sprite frame (1/1) of DISS detected and removed.
Warning: Mobj of type 318 with invalid sprite frame (2/1) of NPRC detected and removed.

Can somebody translate these errors for me?

If the soc is needed, let me know.

Last edited:
Wrong format? they worked fine in 1.09.4 and the pallet should have been converted when imported via XWE. Ah I guess I may need to bring in the Wad file for examination.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait, so far all I heared was CONVERTING this, but isn't just CONVERTING stuff sucks cause, you know, it will have no addons that 2.0 uses, new enemies and such. By the way I didn't play it cause of what I see from the comments is just converting, not re-making.

You should have read a bit further.

Just to clear things up before anybody speculates anything, those screenshots are of an unofficial Mystic Realm update. Nothing besides the content already found in Mystic Realm 4.4 was made by Mystic, I haven't asked for his consent yet, and I'm not releasing anything until/unless I do.

It isn't finished yet, anyway.

I have two questions for Neochaotikal: will you release the remake of the Mystic Realm when you finish it? Which is the current status of this version of the Mystic Realm? I saw the screenshots but those said nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back