SRB2 source code compiling problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with compiling, I followed the rules on SRB2wiki (I use the TDM-GCC compiler). Furthermore I do not know the link to the IRC-Chatroom.
Can anyone help me?

To access IRC you need to download an IRC Client (such as HexChat), connect to the server irc://irc.esper.net:6667 and join the #srb2fun room.

With regards to source code compiling, I'm sure everyone will be able to help. After all, you provided an incredibly in-depth description of how it isn't working.

To be frank the SRB2 Wiki is hardly helpful at all with regards to source code compiling, last I checked. Might as well just ask Alam to help. =P

You're not reading this thread very well. I mean, instructions on getting onto IRC are posted two posts above yours. Two. It's not like it's hiding on another page or anything, it's right there.

Oh my mistake I see it now.
EDIT:
You're not reading this thread very well. I mean, instructions on getting onto
IRC are posted two posts above yours. Two. It's not like it's hiding on
another page or anything, it's right there.
My account just log out for some reason and as soon as I logged back on I saw your post Shadow Hog and then my account logged out again, but it's back to normal now.

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

After all, you provided an incredibly in-depth description of how it isn't working.
This sounds a bit like sarcasm, however I was going to write what was happening.
REASON: When I was compiling with MinGW I followed the srb2wiki rules and then this error came up when I it was compiling it; missing files like "comptime.bat" were not found in the src folder.
But I realised I made a mistake, I forgot to download NASM (also when I was compiling I forgot to write the command line like this-mingw32-make MINGW=1 CC=gcc WINDOWSHELL=1).
I'm going to try this again and if this does not work I will talk to Alam.

OFFTOPIC: When I'm finished with this thread am I able to close it or will it be deleted by the adminstrator.

Last edited:
if you extract the source code from the src exe with comes with SRB2, *someone* (not me, GNU/Linux user) did not use 'svn export' and just use WinRAR to archive some of the source files, but not all. So, you have to do a subversion checkout for all of it

if you extract the source code from the src exe with comes with SRB2, *someone* (not me, GNU/Linux user) did not use 'svn export' and just use WinRAR to archive some of the source files, but not all. So, you have to do a subversion checkout for all of it
Thanks Alam. :)

EDIT:
I never thought that compiling would be such a pain, I'll try extracting the source code the in a alternate way.

Last edited:
Thanks Alam. :)

EDIT:
I never thought that compiling would be such a pain, I'll try extracting the source code the in a alternate way.

Extracting it in a 'different way' will probably not help - as Alam said, the packager of the source code archive failed.

You should install a Subversion client such as TortoiseSVN and check out svn://code.srb2.org/SRB2/trunk

Extracting it in a 'different way' will probably not help - as Alam said, the packager of the source code archive failed.

You should install a Subversion client such as TortoiseSVN and check out svn://code.srb2.org/SRB2/trunk
Thanks a lot.

EDIT (28/01/13):
It requests a username and password, do I put in my srb2mb account username and password.

Last edited:
did you just try to use http://code.srb2.org? that only for people who have commit rights. You NEED to use svn://code.srb2.org to able to checkout code without needing an account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back