Problem with CTF Bases

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
When I use a solid FOF as a Team Base in a CTF map, the flag refuses to spawn on top of the FOF when it is captured and then respawns back at the base. Instead, it respawns on the floor of the sector and completely disregards the FOF's existence. How do I fix this problem? Can it be fixed?

If I'm correct, you need to set suitable Z Possition to the flag. You need to calculate it correctly.

I have, and I've even set it quite a bit ABOVE the FOF, but it still refuses to return to its correct spot.

As you might know, a CTF base must be configured in the sector too.
Since the sector is a FOF, apply the base Sector Special to the FOF Control Sector. That should do it.

Thank you guys for replying, but unfortunately applying CTF Team Base to the FOF does nothing. I even tried applying it to both the FOF and the sector in which the FOF was placed, and the flag still didn't spawn on top of the FOF. If it helps, there's an intangible FOF right on top of the solid one that I want to use as the Team Base. Does that have any effect on anything?

I read the Wiki, and I tried several times. I still don't understand what's wrong. Does the intangible FOF above the solid one do anything?

Alright, I'll upload it right now. It's a variable-gravity space station map that replaces Icicle Falls.

ctftest.wad

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to find the error in my map.

So I decided to see what I can do about your map's bug, and after many unsuccessful attempts at fixing this situation, I finally found a solution that rectifies this bug. (I only had time to edit the blue base)

This may be a technical glitch on SRB2's part but no matter what you do with the FOF and it's control sector, when you touch your team's flag it instantly spawns upside down on the bottom of the base. Obviously something to do with the gravity switchers. So after countless invisible FOF tests, intangible FOF experiments, and modifying the blue flag's Z offset, I finally came up with a rather simple solution to your problem. However, you might not want your map designed this way. But if you want to keep the idea - You'll have to go with it.

Here's what I did:
srb20001-1.png

(I built a solid non-FOF sector with team base properties)

Here's the outcome:
srb20004-1.png

(Flag no longer respawns for no reason)

Your original problem:
srb20000-1.png

If you still want your gravity flippers. I'd recommend choosing solid non-fof team bases...

Here's my modified version: http://wind.srb2skybase.org/files/ctftest-bluefixed.wad

Thank you for fixing the problem, although I'm not sure that non-FOF bases should be used here... Did you notice that there's a 25% gravity decrease that affects every sector? Per haps that's got something to do with the flag spawning, because even when I removed the reverse gravity on the Team Base sector, it still spawns on the floor.

EDIT: Well, that sucks. Even when I turn off all the gravity flippers in the sector, every single one, the flag still spawns on the bottom. It seems this map just isn't very good for CTF--I originally designed it for Match anyway. I guess I'll just keep it like that, since that enormous blue column sticking out from the bottom of the station was an enormous visual obstruction, and I certainly don't want to have two of those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back