Change camera settings for a level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STHE123O

Little Monster
Hey. Im trying to change the camera options for a certatin level that should load as soon as you enter it (So you dont have to edit it manually). I want it to have a height of 40 and distance of 185. Is there a way to add Cam_height and Cam_dist to the Level header? Or to the wad itself?

Help!

You have to make a script for that

for Example:

cam_dist 149
cam_height 40

then put the script into your level and use "Linedef type 415: Run Script"
or use "ScriptName = *script's name*" in the level headers

You have to make a script for that

for Example:

cam_dist 149
cam_height 40

then put the script into your level and use "Linedef type 415: Run Script"
or use "ScriptName = *script's name*" in the level headers

Is there a tutorial on the Wiki for How to make a Script? I cant find too much info. I suck at coding

Not much coding needed for want you're trying to do. Make a new entry in SLADE (assuming you're using SLADE) and type out what you want to do:

Code:
cam_dist 149
cam_height 40

Then rename the entry to something like SCRxxyyy with the x value representing the map number and the y value representing the linedef's front texture to recognize the script name. This is pretty much cut and paste from the Wiki besides the first paragraph I wrote. If you are a still a little confused, I would suggest taking a look at the example wad on the Wiki.

Not much coding needed for want you're trying to do. Make a new entry in SLADE (assuming you're using SLADE) and type out what you want to do:

Code:
cam_dist 149
cam_height 40

Then rename the entry to something like SCRxxyyy with the x value representing the map number and the y value representing the linedef's front texture to recognize the script name. This is pretty much cut and paste from the Wiki besides the first paragraph I wrote. If you are a still a little confused, I would suggest taking a look at the example wad on the Wiki.

Thank you! Will try it as soon as I get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back