DB Missing Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Locked User
I've been having a problem with DB where when I select a flat and press tab for other flats none of them appear. I've already searched the Editing Help forum for similar problems, I tried solutions suggested in those topics like reinstalling, making the I have set srb.src for the IWAD file, but to no avail. Is there any other solution to this problem?

You could also check if you're using the most up to date config or if you're using the config that has the assigned IWAD.
Also, which Doom Builder are you using, Doom Builder, SRB2 Doom Builder and Doom Builder 2 all behave quite differently with configs and such.
I'm not sure what else may be the problem.

I'm using DB SRB2, and the current IWAD I'm using is the srb.src that I've had since I downloaded v2.0.6.

It's a strange situation, I do not know if I solve it.
What I think :
==> Use SRB2 Doom Builder rather than the classical Doom Builder.
==> Then you do NOT have to delete files when you downloaded SRB2 DB, because you think they are useless, but they are files that run the application (. dll files, mostly).
==> My last proposal : You should store all files for Sonic Robo Blast 2 in a folder. Then, in this case, I suggest you put MY SRB2 Doom Builder with MY configurations that works.
In my archive, there is a folder. You just place this folder in your SRB2 folder.
However, you must configure some things !
Tools ==> Configuration ==> Files Tab ==> Click on SRB2 v2.0, and then Browse ... and seek your IWAD (so srb2.srb).
And last thing ...
When you create a new map ...
23940690.png
Do not forget to configure on SRB2 v2.0!

Good luck. If it does not work, I can not anymore.
My SRB2DB download : http://www.mediafire.com/?3k3nejmurx10dek

Thank you for your help Internet Explorer, but I seemed to find a solution for my problem. I kept on selecting srb2.srb for the IWAD and after many tries it worked.

Edit: After posting the above I noticed the wall textures were missing. So I tested to make sure it wasn't something with my srb2.srb. I redownloaded 2.0.6 and SRB2DB. I followed the steps on the wiki and still got the same problem, I had the config supplied by the wiki and set the IWAD to the srb2.srb in a new folder with the fresh download of 2.0.6. Since I had this problem I know it can't be the IWAD. I tried again with my original SRB2 folder which I had moved to a USB drive and placed back after this test, this time after setting the IWAD I got all the flats and sidedefs except it crashed and went back to the original problem. Maybe I'm doing something wrong or missing a file, I don't know but help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back