WAD won't load! (Keep receiving the sa me error message)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

I'm new here. I recently downloaded SRB2 and I notice I am aloud to add wads into the game.
So, I found a Shadow wad here before joining. A lot of users here(As I saw) said it's easy to just install and play but that's not the case with mine. I tried using the SRB2 Launcher to install the wad and receive this message: ERROR: R_AddSingleSpriteDef: No Patches found for PRUP Frame E

This happens with command and the launcher. I tried different types of wads but same result. May any of you please assist me? Thanks in advanced! :)

Be sure to check if the wad is for 2.1 version, older versions need to be updated to the new stuff 2.1 has.

From that error message it's saying some sprites are missing or not named properly. Could you post the wad? Maybe then I have have the time I could see exactly what's wrong with it, though frankly there isn't a point since a new shadow wad is almost here. I hope.

TheDoctor is right. One/all of the E frames are missing. Try to check inside the WAD using an editor such as XWE or SLADE and check around those E frames.

Also you said you tried different WADs with the same error? That's a bit odd because it should only happen for characters WADs that have missing frames.

TheDoctor is right. One/all of the E frames are missing. Try to check inside the WAD using an editor such as XWE or SLADE and check around those E frames.

Also you said you tried different WADs with the same error? That's a bit odd because it should only happen for characters WADs that have missing frames.

If I do check the wad with XWE or SLADE (Never heard of them) what do I do if I see that some sprites are missing? I appreciate the response by the way everyone.

Well the best thing to do would be to fill those empty spaces, the wad will work at least.
However, if that's an official WAD, it shouldn't have any frame missing around here, in this case it probably has wrong frames name or something like that.

Or just send me the file by a PM and I'll check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back