Need help in coding of a WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mango

(´・_・`)
Sorry im new, I just realized that my thread is on the help section instead of the editing help section.

Im helping a friend of mine in the making of a character wad and I need the entry code in order to do the abilities.

1. How do I get my char to slide like modern sonic?

2. How can I spawn a shield by using 15 rings

ex. Press custom 3 to summon a wind shield using 15 rings.

3. Is there any Super peel out entry code out there that I could borrow?

4. What is the entry to do the fire double jump that the Hinote character has, do I need any Luas in order to make it work?

5. How can I modify my character size scale?

Im not trying to copy anybody else work or character wads, its only a netgame character wad of myself I only use for fun.

THANKS FOR READING

Last edited:
Would help to just point him somewhere rather than say, "here's the wiki, you go find out yourself!".

General information on WAD files:
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/WAD_file

List of WAD editors to use (usually people go for SLADE):
https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/WAD_editors#Lump_editors

Some people already told me that, Im just asking for what should I paste in the entry and what should I do in a shorter way, I read this 4 times already and I just have to say that im not that kind of guy that knows a lot about wad creating, sorry :l

I also need to point out that what I said above were questions about how to in a wad about these abilities.

Well Lua will be needed for most of those things, even tough there is an option to change the character scale in the SKIN1_1 if I remember right (Check the SRB2 wiki's character creation tutorial). There's also an ability for a "normal" double jump, but Modern Sonic has Homming Attack, no?

I would go about doing something like this for the shield spawner:
Code:
addHook("ThinkFrame", function()
	for player in players.iterate do
		if (player.mo and player.mo.skin == "YOUR SKIN NAME HERE")

local shield = P_SpawnMobj(p.mo.x, p.mo.y, p.mo.z)
			shield.target = p.mo

if (player.cmd.buttons & BT_CUSTOM3)
			and player.mo.health >= 15
				A_JumpShield(sh)
				player.mo.health = $1 - 15
			end
		end
	end
end)
This code would add a Whirlwind shield every time you press Custom 3, while subtracting 15 rings from the player (if his ring count is greater than or equal to 15).

Last edited:
1. How do I get my char to slide like modern sonic?

3. Is there any Super peel out entry code out there that I could borrow?

I'm pretty sure these already exist somewhere in the Lua section of the message board. This script has Modern Sonic's slide, and this script has the super peelout. They might be a little bit hard to understand, but the main thing you only really need to change out is the skin name these scripts use.

4. What is the entry to do the fire double jump that the Hinote character has, do I need any Luas in order to make it work?

Hinote's Flare Jump was originally released in 2.0 as a SOC, and would require some tweaking to get it to work correctly in 2.1 as it's not a default ability given to vanilla characters. I tried to mess around with the SOC myself, and the gif in my signature highlights my failures!

Last edited:
Hinote's Flare Jump was originally released in 2.0 as a SOC, and would require some tweaking to get it to work correctly in 2.1 as it's not a default ability given to vanilla characters. I tried to mess around with the SOC myself, and the gif in my signature highlights my failures!
Well, I have hinotev3.1.wad, is that the version you are refering?

Because it works normally as I add it, I think im confused

It seems to work perfectly for 2.1

He would not refer to that wad, as it is an unofficial hinote port for 2.1. Its better suggested that you could try learning 2.1's soccing mechanic and 2.1's new lua mechanic to make your own version of the Flare Jump.

He would not refer to that wad, as it is an unofficial hinote port for 2.1. Its better suggested that you could try learning 2.1's soccing mechanic and 2.1's new lua mechanic to make your own version of the Flare Jump.

So I need to make a new SOC in base of my character, with different settings in order to make it work normally?

Does that mean that I would need to make a new one from the start?

it is an unofficial hinote port for 2.1

I have an honest to god grudge against unofficial 2.1 Hinote ports, because pretty much all of them add a bunch of useless abilities alongside a pretty non-authentic Flare Jump. It's pretty much the main reason I tried to duplicate the 2.0 SOC into 2.1. But back to the topic at hand--

Does that mean that I would need to make a new one from the start?

You... really don't have to unless you actually want to try your hand at making the ability yourself and learning from it. If all you really want is for your character to have the Flare Jump or some sprite swap equivalent of it, just borrow the code from the unofficial port (unless the author states otherwise they'd rather not have you use it) and give credit where credit is due. Just remember that you could technically make whatever ability you wanted if you went out of your way to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back