Rail Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniping takes no skill
Haha, that's a good one. To snipe somebody, you need to predict their movement, which is not easy in a game where players move really fast and half of them are a equipped with a thok that allows them to go anywhere in a split second. Besides, people who try to hide somewhere to snipe are usually so focused on their targets that it's easy to approach them from a blind spot and shoot them down.

You're all missing one vital aspect. How in the hell do you camp in this game, of all games? The only time you can stay in one spot and not get blown to high heaven is when you're sneaking. Sniping is pretty much the opposite of sneaking. Tracer rounds, people. Nobody camps in this game. Not in a Match. And besides. Legit strategy.

Honestly, I think rail rings are an excuse for camping to make it's way into SRB2. It's basically why people are so lazy when it comes to sniping. Sniping takes no skill, and people always stick to the same techniques.

Well that's where your wrong. I been playing this for a very long time now. And railing is still not easy to shoot. Camping is another thing in SRB2 that served useless unless done in CTF. As for the no skill thing. Once again your wrong. It takes good aiming to shoot a rail at a player. Let say your facing LXshadow. He is one fast player in SRB2. Railing him takes a lot of work. That's where the predict there movement thing comes in handy like SpiritCrusher said. Aiming at LXshadow. Will just hurt you instead. But If you predict his moves like jumping or where he gonna sidestep next. You can wrist flick your hand and then shoot right at him perfectly sometimes. This is important to beat most players in SRB2.

So yeah this made me lol when you said it takes no skill.

But if you do know what your talking about. Please give us all a better explaining then what you just said. It will help you in a long way. ^_~

Great, this just means I will have less chance of being good at rails, which before was only 1%. Now it is 0%. Definitely sticking with every other rings since they are all easy to use.

Great, this just means I will have less chance of being good at rails, which before was only 1%. Now it is 0%. Definitely sticking with every other rings since they are all easy to use.

Um you do know its called learning. Take your time. And use SRB2 CineBlast or SRB2CB for bots. This can improve your aiming and help you learn a little faster. Including play online in C lag. It also helps teaches you timing as well. By doing all that. You will become some what better over time Mystery Cheese.

Sniping needs skill.
We all had confusion or problems with the rail, and we have been all annoyed by his shooting conditions ... at the beggining.

You can keep the simple and basics weapons (Scatter...automatic / bounce ..) without problems. You can win victories with a mastery of basic weapons, especially with Scatter.

Then, if you feel bored and you are looking for more experience, launching you in the most accurate weapons, such as the Rail. The victories are likely to increase, of course !
Once the timing of the Rail Ring entered the brain, then it flows like water.
Takes account of my tips :
- A player that moves up and down is much easier to shoot than a player that moves left to right. This means that the rail should be used in many passages straight and wide as the main avenue of Cloud Palace. The only exception is the type of very large level (M. Match) because you can almost shoot anyone anywhere with Rail ...
- Prediction for ever ! It also refers to the timing and experience. Analysis where the Sonic will land, when his thok will be finished. It is a mastery that is learned by playing. But do not give up, everyone can get to control its targeting, ok ?
- A game mode that I built myself is to be sneaky and quiet. Rail enemies who do not see you. Then, if you're target has been affected OR if it has avoided the shoot, hide behind a wall. Bears his confusion and attack his back, because it's much easier to shoot it when it don't understand the situation !

Tbh, I treat SRB2 as if I was playing a FPS/action/adventure game on my Xbox, but just on a computer screen. Translation: I play SRB2 with a Xbox 360 controller.

When it comes to railing, sadly, the default look sensitivity for the controller doesn't allow me to "flick", lock-on, and shoot right away precisely. So instead, I rush Tails and Knuckles players short, mid, and long range without much effort and use the "sneaky" tactic for skilled Sonic players who know how to use him to the fullest extent.

As many people I've played with who uses the mouse with excellent precision for rail rings, I'm determined to learn and get even better. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back