File Already Open error when trying to make a new map

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
So what with having a little more free time, I decided to try putting together a few small SRB2 maps. Having recently reformatted my laptop, I reinstalled SRB2 Doom Builder, got the SRB2 2.0 configuration file, and set up everything according to the instructions.

However, I keep getting this error now.
DoomBuilderError.png

I have no idea what causes it, only that it seems to come up a lot. It seems to be related to the fact that many textures and flats aren't loading.

This error prevents me from creating new maps, and if I'm working on an existing map, it tends to appear every time I exit 3D mode, causing the program to close without saving.

I even tried setting the IWAD to a 2.0.4 installation I still have, and I still get the error.

Is it a simple fix I missed while setting things up? Or is it something else?

Last edited:
Run as administrator?

Redownload SRB2 Doom Builder?

Close all windows except SRB2 Doom Builder?

Run as administrator?
That's pretty much the only account I use...

Closing all windows?
Didn't seem to make a difference.

Redownloading?
Tried that. However...

I'm starting to think it has something to do with my antivirus program. I'm going to try experimenting with SRB2DB some more for now.

Still, just try to run as administrator, even if you are the administrator. I'm the admin on my laptop, yet some programs(like XWE) only work when I run as administrator.

I don't use a administrator account but every so often it does that. But it's not likely for me. Wonder what's wrong with your SRB2DB.

Well, it seems reinstalling it with a fresh download worked. Haven't had that error since.

Now I'm just having troubles with a major memory leak somewhere. First MSPaint starts giving me "out of memory" errors when Doom Builder is open, and then it locked up while I was looking through textures.

I seem to be having a bad time with anything SRB2 editing related recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back