Sector Glitch Problem (like the wall texture glitches)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
I'm in progress of a new map, and I just found out a slight problem.

At one part, there's a glitch where if you are going near the water part, as the picture below shows, it's glitchy, but if you turn around it's not there. I've been trying to fix it but it hasn't been sucessful. Could someone try and help me uncover this problem?. Thanks if you can.

This is the picture.

I think I know the problem. The sector you're standing on is not closed. Attach a new sector the the unclosed part and to the rest of the edges, and it should be fine. If I'm wrong, then I really don't know... but that sector does look rather open.

Ok thanks I'll try that. I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if it make it worse.

Ash said:
Run the error check normally in whatever wad editor you use (preferably SRB2DB; it has a more accurate error check than most).

Yes I did that beforehand, but the only errors where not enough multiplayer starts, and normal player starts which I haven't got to yet. I use Normal Doom Builder.

Hmm, I can fix that in a jiffy if you upload that here, and I'll tell you how I fixed it so you can do the fix yourself in future maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back