OpenGL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your 3d card sux. Unless you want to upgrade it, I'd suggest sticking with software. Software is better anyway.

on Edge said:
Software is better anyway.

Haha. Hahahahahah hahaha hhahaah haha. Ha. What a joke.

Come on guys, it doesn't take much to run OpenGL. All you need to run OpenGL good with onboard graphics is the onboard NVIDIA GeForce4 MX. Oh, but wait - We're running modern motherboards! You know, with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator? Yeah. Stealing off system memory and DirectX3 graphics is real smooth. I bet all my GeForce2 MX's I have lying around the house could run OpenGL at decent speeds.

Ashura the Hedgehog said:
But last time it didn't do that before. It was normal a month ago.

In that case, update your video card drivers.

Let's not have this escalate into a Software vs. OGL arguement, gents.

Anyway. Do you have any other 3D games that run on a non-Software renderer? Do they work?

GCFreak said:
Come on guys, it doesn't take much to run OpenGL. All you need to run OpenGL good with onboard graphics is the onboard NVIDIA GeForce4 MX. Oh, but wait - We're running modern motherboards! You know, with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator? Yeah. Stealing off system memory and DirectX3 graphics is real smooth. I bet all my GeForce2 MX's I have lying around the house could run OpenGL at decent speeds.
I guess my piece-of-crap computer in my bedroom doesn't, then. Runs windowed software pretty good, though.

No, the gamma levels are correct. The graphics card on my old computer is old, so I have the same blue screen effect on there.

I would appreciate it if everyone who gets this 'blue' problem tell me what video card they're using.

Maybe the one of the executables (not just the EXE, DLLs are also executables :P) is damaged or something. Try reinstalling those files, because if you didn't do anything when that happened, then the problem must be some file that got damanged.

And also, it isn't that the hue is blue, it's that the red channel is turned off. As once I said, reminder to STJr, put an explicit glColorMask(GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE, GL_TRUE) when initializing OpenGL :P Maybe that fixes it up.

The few times I was able to run OpenGL I got a similar "Yellow" effect. Intentionally making the gamma levels incorrect fixed it.

(S3 Graphics ProSavage DDR)

SSNTails said:
I would appreciate it if everyone who gets this 'blue' problem tell me what video card they're using.

Onboard Intel graphics chipsets and most video cards running the default Windows drivers have the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back