Animated textures error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my wad is having some problems:

Last night, I got animated textures correctly. But, after having 2385394 bugs, the animated textures has bugged alot. It is repeating EVERY SRB2 texture (including the custom animated textures)

I did remake every lump connected to the textures (PNAMES, TEXTURE2, I had to remake ANIMATED one hundred times) but it won't fix in anyway. It happens with the custom animated textures and with some SRB2 default textures too.

Anyone wondering what it can be? D:

(I'm sorry about the grammar errors. I'm brazillian ^^)

If you want to do custom textures, I think the best tool to use would be SLADE. It lets you edit the animated lump directly instead of dealing with SWANTBLS.
First download the latest beta release of SLADE here if you haven't already. Then set it up looking here.

Once you have SLADE all set up, make sure that your textures or flats are named correctly. Your lumps could be named something like TEST1, TEST2, TEST3, TEST4, etc. or TEST1A, TEST1B. TEST1C, TEST1D, etc.

Once you have done that, open your wad and get rid of your ANIMATED lump and replace it with the official one here (right click and save as).

Follow this guide for the rest.

I think there's a bug in the ANIMATED-parsing code that has it read a byte more than it's supposed to, causing every animation definition beyond the first to get corrupted slightly.

That definitely was the case in 2.1, anyway, and had to be fixed; no idea if it's present in 2.0.7 or not. If it is, then there's your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back