Post your pics/art here!

...a dragon monster being friends with a little girl and holding a balloon. Yes, all of my yes.

I actually would post an artwork of mine everytime I posted in this thread, but thing is that would mean I would mostly be posting older artworks, as my art productivity is not all that frequent.

11hrkvs.png

23rnvo8.jpg

0gJ8Q7z.jpg

I2roMzd.jpg

Yes, this is Maud Pie. Better known as the pony that loves geology and rock poetry, and the pony that's been my avatar for the past month or so.

I know this was far back (and not related to the recent events), but

I think my eyes just burned from those bad things you call "drawings."

Really now?

Your criticism wasn't even helpful to the creator. To be honest, you have no room to actually be so blatantly rude and hypocritical at the same time.

I'd say he could at least start with more solid lineart/less sloppy and maybe some references of actual Sonic art for a visual base, since it looks like he needs a handle on it. The actual body shape and anatomy are nothing like Sonic characters for a start.

deltios__dream_world_style__by_pyromagmafox-d7e9bxq.png

Just a 'little' something I did for my Pokémon fangame. It's a shadow Latios that one of my online friends came up with, and he said I could use it in my game. This picture WOULD be in Ken Sugimori style if it wasn't for the fact that I messed up big-time on a test picture I did, making it look like a piece of DW art.

What do you guys think is better? A tablet or scanning a photo and drawing over it?

To be honest, you can always make a sketch on a paper and then redraw/outline it on the tablet after scanning it. I've also seen cases where some artists shade their pictures on the paper, and after scanning it, they digitally apply colors to it.

If you want to know what I do, I'm still practicing a lot. Most of the time, I just take my tablet and first sketch the picture digitally on Photoshop anyway, and so I keep on detailing and shading the picture still with the tablet.

To be honest, you can always make a sketch on a paper and then redraw/outline it on the tablet after scanning it. I've also seen cases where some artists shade their pictures on the paper, and after scanning it, they digitally apply colors to it.

If you want to know what I do, I'm still practicing a lot. Most of the time, I just take my tablet and first sketch the picture digitally on Photoshop anyway, and so I keep on detailing and shading the picture still with the tablet.

I usually take a picture of a sketch on paper first which I drew.
Normally the sketch is absolutely horrid and should never see the light of day, buuuut...

SRNSonicSketch_zps1713de54.jpg
The original sketch started off like this. Yes, it's awful. Good GOD what the hell is up with those shoes. Seriously. I tried making them SA2 like, but as you can see, got it all completely wrong.

SRNSonicLineart_zps99531fbc.png
Then came the lineart, which was done using a special tool. (Not an actual tablet, but it would've been better with a tablet. Hell I wouldn't have even done it on paper in the first place if I had a tablet) As you can see every refinement I could've possibly done was addressed here. In my opinion, at least.

SRNSonic_zpsfd3b4bc4.png
Finally, the finished result after applying literally a shit ton of shading techniques and colors just to try and match that GOD DAMN official style. I already uploaded this picture here, which is why spoiler tags are in place.

Used this picture since it's probably the best example. What with the fact it's actually Sonic for once.

Last edited:
I Have updated my pictures!

New Sonic:
sonic_the_hedgehog_by_maximus_universal-d7emffi.png

New Shadow:
shadow_the_hedgehog_by_maximus_universal-d7emwni.png

New Super Sonic:
super_sonic_by_maximus_universal-d7ehqln.png

BONUS Mega Man:
mega_man_by_maximus_universal-d7emalj.png

You can see the eyes better! Your welcome!

EDIT:
Miles "Tails" Prower:
miles_tails_prower_by_maximus_universal-d7er74w.png

Last edited:
I know this was far back (and not related to the recent events), but

Really now?

Your criticism wasn't even helpful to the creator. To be honest, you have no room to actually be so blatantly rude and hypocritical at the same time.

I'd say he could at least start with more solid lineart/less sloppy and maybe some references of actual Sonic art for a visual base, since it looks like he needs a handle on it. The actual body shape and anatomy are nothing like Sonic characters for a start.

Ugh! Everyone is Criticizing me!

EDIT: Ahh fuck, I thought this was in another thread, sorry.

Can I get a delete, please?

Last edited:
Here is a lego version of myself.
5vhTXsM.png

(I didn't draw the background stuff or the blackhawks logo, but the lego part is mine. I used a cartoon filter for the background.)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back