Sonic Fan Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you serious? This is the most buggy fan game i've ever seen, and laggy even at "Fastest" graphics settings. The animations for sonic are awkward looking and the level designs have some minor platforming and a lot of "lol ur going fast and springs and theres remps and theres springs." Spikes don't work, rings are messed up and are on the wrong layer, the spiral paths at the beginning made me fall though them, etc. Also, the music is annoying to listen to.

I have to say I'm quite impressed with the chemical plant WIP. I feel like this section would have been better if the player was forced to duck under the ceiling, similar to in Marble Zone :P

If this game was finished, I'd say it would be at least as good as Generations Classic gameplay (although the first three acts definitely needed some enemy placement changes and the level design needed a better overall flow). I'm curious as to what their take on boss fights would be...

Last edited:
Are you serious? This is the most buggy fan game i've ever seen, and laggy even at "Fastest" graphics settings. The animations for sonic are awkward looking and the level designs have some minor platforming and a lot of "lol ur going fast and springs and theres remps and theres springs." Spikes don't work, rings are messed up and are on the wrong layer, the spiral paths at the beginning made me fall though them, etc. Also, the music is annoying to listen to.
Sir, you have a fail computer.

Spikes don't work, rings are messed up and are on the wrong layer, the spiral paths at the beginning made me fall though them, etc. Also, the music is annoying to listen to.

It sounds like you've only played the chemical plant WIP. Have you ever played the more completed acts? Although, these would probably lag even more for you than Chemical Plant. Here's a video if you can't play them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Hn1XhyWB0

Those acts were canned, if memory serves.

Seriously? Wow, no wonder this thing is taking forever.

Say what you want about Generations, but at least it's actually getting finished. Sure, the Chemical Plant zone on Fan Remix looks great, even if it's unfinished. The thing is, though, I don't think it's really fair to judge against Generations until we Fan Remix is actually finished. Which it isn't. And I'm starting to have my doubts if it'll ever be.

...Now I think I get what Inuyasha is talking about. I think. :V

It sounds like you've only played the chemical plant WIP. Have you ever played the more completed acts? Although, these would probably lag even more for you than Chemical Plant. Here's a video if you can't play them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Hn1XhyWB0

Yes I played the EHZ demo, but the reason I made that post earlier is because Greg said "Even as a WIP it's blowing my damned mind." And constantly praises this as if it's the greatest game on the face of the Earth.

I thought the textures were made as 3D models and then flattened as PNG textures. Seeing the spiral rise now seems like they're trying to compete with Generations. My opinion with this fan game is a few points lower than before. I think maybe it's because they're trying to go the Sonic 2006 route of using realistic scenery with a cartoony character. Or maybe it's because of all the Generations trailer I've been seeing lately.

I still support this, though. It's a great controversial game that might be able to survive. I'll wait until Chemical Plant is done before I download it again, though.

That wasn't really Adventure's problem. The core gameplay, in essence, was pretty good. The problem was all in execution, which wasn't apparent to me at the time, but becomes bleedingly obvious the more I go back to it. It's virtually impossible to go in a straight line without wobbling back and forth, and whatever momentum-based physics exist in the game are largely broken by how god-awful the collision detection is. The simple act of stopping to talk to people or pick up objects is busted by their insistence of combining that button with the Spin Dash button, and then not registering that I'm ready to talk to somebody unless I'm stepping on their toes AND facing directly towards them. And don't even get me started on the horrendous camera... Not even DX's "free camera" (which is inverted on both axes from what I'd like and has no option to change it, argh) is all that good.

Sonic living in a human-filled city? Doesn't bother me that much, actually. Sure, could've used a few extra furries for consistency's sake, but eh. Also kinda miss those weird floating TV things - the ones that apparently talk to you - that showed up in Adventure and never once since.

You said the collision was god-awful, for me the collision plain out didn't exist. So mine is worse than awful, it isn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back