SRB2GetWAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I get sapphirecontrol.com back in business, I'd be happy to provide it as a wad source.

Sky Ninja, I suggest you put a list somewhere on the the page (Probably at the bottom) of the file names of the uploaded WADs, so you don't get 300 of the exact same "OMFG ^LAOD NHO WROK!1!11" E-mail.
Edit: Excuse me while i go fix my brain and reword my post

This is great, Conicpp. :D Now when I need a WAD, I eventually won't have to dig through (sometimes archived) MB topics to get it. I went ahead and added Blaze to SkyNinja's repository. :P

Well, since you are supporting .soc and .plr, I guess I'll have to also. I will update the exe and add this repo as soon as I can.

Cool program.

Incidentally, Conicpp, it so happens that two of the three files available for download in the "Other SRB2 Stuff" folder on my 4shared account are programs you wrote (The other one is your level name generator). Keep it up--you may well be one of the best people here for creating little SRB2-related programs!

Hey, good news, guys!

This has been a Windows only thing because I am using the .NET framework.

Just checked the Mono website again, and Mono (A cross platform C# compiler) has been updated for .NET 2.0! This means a Linux and Mac version! Someone else will have to compile and test the Mac version as I do not own a Mac. Check out the site here, as you will need to install this to run it. I am downloading the Linux compiler now, at the same time as I am fixing up the code for the next version. There will be stuff like better error handling, and I might make the GUI better. Any feature requests?

Make it parse an XML file of repositories, each repository would have a URL to an XML file as well that would list all the wads along with their version number and a proper name.

It's easier than you think...

And you would make one of these for SRB2.org? I want it to be really easy to create a repository.

If that happens, this won't work with my upload anymore. I don't know how I would possibly make it automatically add to an XML file.

Just to let you know, the upload system is down until a banning system can be made, but you can still access what's already been uploaded.
EDIT: I managed to build a banning system, and everything's going again.

Chaos Knux said:
Ok.

Man this is awesome. The only way to make it better is to integrate it into SRB2 so that when you try to join a server with WADs you don't have, SRB2 autoruns this to find them.

SRB2 already downloads them from the server if they are the right size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back