[Open Assets] Super Monitor! (supermonitor.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
It's my old Super Monitor, converted from 1.09.4. However, most of you probably remember it from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Breaking this monitor gives you 50 rings and instantly transforms you into your super form, no matter how many emeralds you have or what character you are playing.

This object does not overwrite any in-game object. If you want to use it, you will either have to make a map with it (Its Thing # is 3000) or use OBJECTPLACE to place it (it should be right at the end of the list, just hit Rotate Camera L to get to it).

The graphics and SOC are free to use by whoever wants to use them.

Here is a copy of the SOC with comments, if you want to understand how it works (For some reason the comments break the SOC, so don't try to copy and paste this into an SOC and run it)

Code:
Thing 318 # Icon
MAPTHINGNUM = -1
SPAWNSTATE = 1793
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 222 # The sound that is played when the effects are awarded: Super Sonic transformation sound.
REACTIONTIME = 50 # A_RingBox uses REACTIONTIME to determine how many rings to award.
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 0
PAINCHANCE = 1
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 0
DEATHSOUND = 0
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 131072
RADIUS = 524288
HEIGHT = 917504
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 4063232
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 33591824

Thing 319 # Monitor
MAPTHINGNUM = 3000
SPAWNSTATE = 1791
SPAWNHEALTH = 1
SEESTATE = 0
SEESOUND = 0
REACTIONTIME = 8
ATTACKSOUND = 0
PAINSTATE = 1791
PAINCHANCE = 0
PAINSOUND = 0
MELEESTATE = 0
MISSILESTATE = 0
DEATHSTATE = 1793
DEATHSOUND = 119
XDEATHSTATE = 0
SPEED = 95 # Again, another weird thing: This is what is left behind after the monitor gets popped.
RADIUS = 1048576
HEIGHT = 2097152
MASS = 100
DAMAGE = 318 # For some reason, the Damage has to be set to the object number of whatever comes out of the monitor.
ACTIVESOUND = 0
RAISESTATE = 0
FLAGS = 1048582

FRAME 1791 # Show what's in the monitor
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 2
NEXT = 1792
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1792 # Static
SPRITENUMBER = 77
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 0
DURATION = 1
NEXT = 1791
ACTION None
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1793 # Monitor is popped
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1794
ACTION A_MonitorPop
VAR1 = 0
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1794
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1795
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 24 # pw_emeralds, set which emeralds the target has.
VAR2 = 127 # 1 = Green, 2 = Orange, 4 = Purple, 8 = Blue, 16 = Red, 32 = Cyan, 64 = Silver. Add them all up and you get 127.

FRAME 1795
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 0
NEXT = 1796
ACTION A_RingBox # Awards rings equal to the REACTIONTIME of the object that calls it. In this case, 50.
VAR1 = 0 # I don't know why it doesn't use VAR1 instead. It'd be alot easier.
VAR2 = 0

FRAME 1796
SPRITENUMBER = 243
SPRITESUBNUMBER = 1
DURATION = 18
NEXT = 1615
ACTION A_CustomPower
VAR1 = 15 # pw_super, sets whether or not you're Super.
VAR2 = 1 # TRUE: You are Super.

Attachments

• srb20019.jpg
    srb20019.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3,451
  • supermonitor.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 4,464
Last edited:
Heh, it's Sonic 3&K all over again, now with SIGNIFICANTLY less aggravating music!

Also, other character Super forms in SP is very nice indeed.

EDIT: Um, it just spawns a Green Sonic that, when hit, makes you blink a bit and plays the Super transform sound effect, but nothing happens. You don't gain rings either. Doing it with Max rings and all 7 emeralds does nothing either.

Last edited:
>addfile supermonitor.wad
WARNING: Game must be restarted to record statistics.
Added file supermonitor.wad (5 lumps)
Loading main config from supermonitor.wad
missing argument for 'MONITOR'
Unknown word: SPRITENUMBER
Unknown word: SPRITESUBNUMBER
Unknown word: DURATION
Unknown word: NEXT
Unknown word: ACTION
Unknown word: VAR1
Unknown word: VAR2
Unknown action A_RINGBO
9 warnings in the SOC lump
230 sprites added from file supermonitor.wad
no maps added
Sorry to say, not worked here too. I don't know, seems something is missing, we are doing wrong or using an incompatible version XD.

df7gnr.png

S Box is broken.

Spawns a Green Sonic, kill it, you flash and hear the Super Transform SFX, and then... that's about it.

Hilarious. FuriousFox's tendencies to leave comments everywhere has apparently broken the Dehacked parser.

Additionally, he also forgot that the max thing number is 4095. You can't place this on a map without objectplace.

Last edited:
...Okay, I didn't think the comments would break the wad. I'll fix it up real quick, then I'll go submit a bug report about comments not working the way they should.

EDIT: It should work now, but the comments are gone.

Last edited:
Alright, tried it, and I think it's rather interesting. I also find it interesting that Eggman's shots STILL take 10 rings, but being that it's a Multiplayer super form, it's easy to see why. Also, super music does not seem to play unless the music resets (Via level ups, for example)

Oh, and due to being multiplayer supers, Turrets still rip you to shreds, which I find more of an amusing quality than anything else.

Oh, and it's totally OK to use this in level packs and such, right?

Last edited:
I'd really appreciate it if you posted a mirror, because IE doesn't let me download from here. :(

Hmmm...
The Turret
Is now Super!
It can now kill you SuperSonic!
But otherwise it works just fine!

It would be cool if you could change the position of the emeralds since it gets in the way of the life icon.

Also, when this happens, the super icon is always Super Sonic's and (when you play as ShadowRE) can change it's colour to a silvery one. Also, the spin sprite sometimes stays the same strangely. 0.o

So, I've just played a netgame with the super moniter and this is what I got:

srb20049.png

Poor fox...
Anyways, cool soc, but sometimes the song don't change to the super song.

Currently trying to modify it so I can go super with other chars by doing some kind of action to give multiplayer emeralds only when you double jump with 50 rings and all the SP emeralds. Never soc'ed before, but I'm doing good so far. (FF inspires another soccing N00B!)

Great WAD!
I have liked it!
now,we only need an Ring Weapons in Single Player SOC, but with all weapons with 999 ammo that dont runs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back