UPDATED New sonic model

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's true.

He really is blue, the glow makes him purple:

74740724mc8.jpg

It is. It's impossible to add pixels to the model, therefor impossible to make an outer glow.

miles the togepi, here's your fire Sonic

srb20044.png

srb20047.png

PLAYFire.png

Also, I made a snow hedgehog!

srb20052.png

srb20051.png

PLAY-2.png

Oh...Well, that's fake. ( I hate it when when people do that crap - _-')

EDIT: *looks at demon kirby's post* Cool. *looks for my skin that I wanted* uhh........

Hmm. Can you make the Mouth and Arms a orangy color as an edit to your dark blue sonic. I'll do the eyes, It's just the arms and mouth.

Ashnal said:
Wow, someone else on this forum who knows how to use photoshop correctly. Nice Skins.

I've decided to start working on the tails model.

Status update: Organizing my UV map

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3323/hrmts4.png

My gosh, you have some pretty amazing texturing skills, the quality of the MD2 skins are astonishing, professional even, your work is certainly appreciated.

My only suggestion is that you make the colors of the model skins look as close to how they appear shaded in the original game they were taken from, due to the lack of MD2 shading in srb2, the actual colors of the models look a little off in-game. Though, I'm sure if you don't recolor the textures, someone will. :P

He said he wants the model to have the same shading it had in the original game that it's from.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Dash.

Honestly DashFox, the texture is easy to make. All I have to do is set up lights in blender the way I like, combined with material properties, like natural light emission and reflection. Once I have the UV map set up, I can have blender automatically render a shaded texture for me. You can see in the blender screenshot that I already rendered a texture, but then decided to reorganize the UV map. And as far as shading goes, I adjust it till it looks right to me, I'm not necessarily aiming for any specific game look here.

Yes I know that srb2 doesn't have any kind of lighting or shading for md2's, this is why I decided to use that feature of blender.

Calling it professional is a little much 0_o

Oh, and could you tell me how the MD2's look off color? I aimed more for a brighter sonic than the current 3d games since srb2 is a bright game, and its sonic is bright blue.

Imagine if I could figure out how to use a character WAD as a texture correctly. Then I could render a texture for every frame of animation, and it would look like srb really did have a lighting engine ^_^

In fact, heres an srb2 palette compatible skin for sonic, anyone want to take a stab at making a character wad with it that works correctly?

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2171/playpalletelz4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back