Doom builder on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
??? VISTA ???
vistaerror.jpg

vista_likes_linux.jpg

Anyway why not googling that question? You might get results like that:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-builder/40183-using-doom-builder-1-68-on-windows-vista/
...after 30 seconds of research-"work". :-|

Chaos said:
LOL @ things running on Vista

Please do some research before you make ridiculous claims.

Seriously, just about everything runs on Vista. The few things that don't work normally can be fixed by right clicking the program in question and selecting the option "Run this program as an Administrator". Alternatively, use the compatibility tab in the Properties display and select "always run this program as an administrator". I've not found a program yet that can't be run on Vista either normally, or by this method.

I think that there was a list of programs that can run in XP but not in Vista. Through for sure those programs aren't very used, and most probably have newer versions for Vista (and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them don't work in XP already :P).

Anyways, if a program doesn't work in Vista, normally it's an old program XP wouldn't be able to run too.

Dark Warrior said:
Chaos said:
LOL @ things running on Vista

Seriously, just about everything runs on Vista. The few things that don't work normally can be fixed by right clicking the program in question and selecting the option "Run this program as an Administrator". Alternatively, use the compatibility tab in the Properties display and select "always run this program as an administrator". I've not found a program yet that can't be run on Vista either normally, or by this method.

Which further backs up my uneducated claims that early Vista is exactly like early XP was. When Windows XP came out I disliked it at first because it was slow and didn't work with all my old programs, and from what I've heard Vista sounds the same to me.

Besides, this time we didn't make a leap from DOS to NT (in my case we had been using 98 or ME before we got XP) so there should be less compatibility issues this time around.

We just have to wait for a hassle free version to come out (when chickens play frisbee)

I use vista and its just fine. and like Dark Warrior said:

Dark Warrior said:

SRB2 DooM Builder works just fine on vista (Windows Vista Home Basic to be exact)

Yeah. Just a thing: people, stop asking about things that work in XP if they work in Vista. They should. Vista is in theory backwards compatible with XP. In any case the opposite makes sense, asking if something that works in Vista works under XP, as the program may be designed for Vista and not for XP.

And by the way, this reminds me, I have to get another hard disk and install Vista in it. It won't take too long until I'll need Vista installed. Let's say, in one or two years most programs will work only in Vista :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back