Hardware acceleration 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I must ask about this. Is there any kind of hardware acceleration in SRB2 2.0.X DX or OpenGL? Is there a build out there that we can use or even a net launcher to do this? I'm asking because the software rendered version looks pretty dang ugly to me and would be extremely happy to have a way to tweak it or fix it completely. Thanks to anyone with answers.

Ryanhedge1 said:
Alright I must ask about this. Is there any kind of hardware acceleration in SRB2 2.0.X DX or OpenGL?
only the OpenGL render that been tested but it been disabled for Win32/DirectX build(srb2win.exe) by AJ

Ryanhedge1 said:
Is there a build out there that we can use or even a net launcher to do this?
yes, there is, http://alam.srb2.org/SRB2_trunk/Mingw/Release/srb2sdl.exe, you need to get your own SDL.dll and SDL_mixer.dll for this EXE to work

Thanks, I went and grabbed both dlls. Now I'm just fighting the EXE about the DLL. Put them in the system32 folder and the srb2 folder.

Alright for the sake of not double posting the SRB2sdl.exe crashes at I_startupKeyboard.. in the console. Any ideas what's wrong?

Ok it crashes about 3 seconds after loading GFZ1. Man this is being a pain to run.

Ryanhedge1 said:
Ok it crashes about 3 seconds after loading GFZ1. Man this is being a pain to run.

And now you know why we didn't include OpenGL with this... in fact, some of the new zones didn't even load with it.

So I'm guessing we play the waiting game until someone who knows how to fix Opengl comes along? Is there any other way to make the game look less pixelated?

Well 640x480 looks great! But I'm guessing it's that resolution or the 1280xdonno if I want a better looking game.

Also congratulations SSNTails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back