Changing Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I was wondering if there is a way to change the sky when a player touches a certin sector. Is there? And if so, how do I apply it?

Linedef type 423 allows you to change the sky. First find the number of your Sky you want your linedef to execute.

A list of skies and their numbers can be found here: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Flats_and_Textures/Skies

Make the control sector and such, apply linedef type 423 to one of it's linedefs and give it a tag. Make a sector on your level that, when touched, will activate this function and give it the same tag you gave to the Linedef. In sectors mode, click on your control sector and change the Floor Height to the number of the Sky.

So for example, if I wanted my level's sky to change to the sky of ERZ2, I'd add a Floor Height of 22 to the control sector.

Do keep in mind that this will only change the sky for you and not for anyone else playing on the same level as you. If you want everyone on the level to be effected simultaneously by the linedef executor, apply the Not Climbable flag to the linedef that controls this.

Last edited:
Make a sector on your level that, when touched, will activate this function

I think here is my problem. I'm not really sure how to do that, but poking around I'm guessing I'd have to go to Sector Effects and set it to (I'm guessing) Trigger Line Ex. (Floor Touch) to make it activate the Linedef's function. But when I tried using that sector effect, nothing had happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back