Help with compiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

742mph

My work is never done yet
No matter how hard I try, even if I download all the nessecary tools and follow all of the Wiki's instructions, I still can't compile a modified SRB2 EXE I created. Does anyone know of a better way to compile an EXE? Is there anyone here who finds compiling easy and would be willing to help?

The main problem is that TDM-GCC, one of the compiling tools, doesn't have an excecutable, and I can't figure out how to open it. Also, the Wiki doesn't give us any instructions on which libraries and headers we need to download. It links us to a page with five downloads for seperate programs, but it doesn't tell us which one(s) to download.

Last edited:
The main problem is that TDM-GCC, one of the compiling tools, doesn't have an excecutable, and I can't figure out how to open it. Also, the Wiki doesn't give us any instructions on which libraries and headers we need to download. It links us to a page with five downloads for seperate programs, but it doesn't tell us which one(s) to download.

You don't need an actual 'central executable' for it. It's not an IDE, it's used with the IDE.

What is the "IDE"? Also, which files from the Parent Directory do I download? Should I download them all?

Last edited:
Guys, please help me out here. I have no idea what an IDE is or which files I should download.

Sorry for triple post, but there's a source code mod that I really want to get compiled and test out. Could someone please help me with opening TDM-GCC and which files I should download from the Parent Directory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back