Suggestions

He means this guy. I'll let a dev tell him why that's never gonna happen, though.

Anyway, how about finally allowing us to change chasecam with a simple button when playing Record Attack?

He means this guy. I'll let a dev tell him why that's never gonna happen, though.
Hey, I'd be totally up for an unlockable Uglyknux that's a pure spriteswap of regular Knuckles! It's totally happening as soon as I eliminate the rest of the dev team and place myself in charge. :)

But if there was any Sonic reskin, it'd be the Extreme sprites used in the Halloween and Xmas demos.

Anyway, how about finally allowing us to change chasecam with a simple button when playing Record Attack?
There's already a "Toggle Chasecam" button in the controls menu that works in Record Attack, unless you're talking about adjusting the chasecam parameters.

I'm not sure if this's even been suggested yet, or if it's even feasible, but the ability to have different camera sensitivities based upon whether or not you're using chasecam.

I like having a lower sensitivity when in first person, but using such a low sensitivity in third person's a little difficult, because I rely more on camera movement in thirdperson rather than aiming.

I like having a lower sensitivity when in first person, but using such a low sensitivity in third person's a little difficult, because I rely more on camera movement in thirdperson rather than aiming.
You can already do this with autoexec.cfg and aliases. For instance:

alias camoff "chasecam 0; mousesens 20;"
alias camon "chasecam 1; mousesens 35;"
bind z camoff
bind x camon

This sets up two aliases and binds them to the z and x keys. Z turns the camera off and sets the sensitivity to 20 (lower than default) and X turns the camera on and sets the sensitivity to 35 (default). Just change the keys and sensitivities to match your preferences.

How about a new Packet sent from Server to Client to tell client that server is still in intermission screen, and forces player to Reconnect to server, rather than letting him in a Black HOMs screen that may take up to a minute to go away.

How would forcing them to reconnect be any better, since said player will join a second later. Maybe tell the client to wait before downloading the gamestate would be better.

Both of those would be completely losing the benefit of joining during intermission in the first place; you don't have to download any gamestate, because once the map changes you'll automatically be synched up to everybody else.

Methinks the issue which needs to be solved is the HOM (which isn't something you should see in an unmodified game at all), then. Make the joiner start in a blank intermission page if no gamestate is downloaded to get around it.

Alright, this is more of a bugfixy thing, but it might not be considered a true bug? I better just say it.

Change the behavior of Lua checking non-existent freeslots to just assume that the sprite or object type being checked does not exist, and run the code past that point, instead of breaking the code at that point. This would allow for much better inter-mod compatibility, as you would be able to simply add the said freeslot to your script, instead of having to dedicate multiple lines to checking if it exists in the first place, which might not be very efficient when it comes to a table.

Try using this.
Code:
if pcall(do return _G["MT_WHATEVER"] end)

Or "if not" for checking if it doesn't exist. pcall takes a function, and returns true and said function's return variables if it runs without errors. Otherwise, it will return false and the error message. Monster Iestyn helped me find this while trying to add error handling to Object Shadows' addshadow command.

Methinks the issue which needs to be solved is the HOM (which isn't something you should see in an unmodified game at all), then. Make the joiner start in a blank intermission page if no gamestate is downloaded to get around it.

Anything that doesn't ruin the screen should do :), Numerous times i ended up on server with inttime set to 30 seconds or Higher, I couldn't see messages or anything.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back