Candy Circuit Zone - Race

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellybones

Lawful Neutral
This is my first released wad, Candy Circuit Zone.
srb20000.png

Race to the finish as you skate across popsicle-like floors, trek chocolate mountains, speed in strawberries, and make your way through pre-chewed gum.

It's map77, so it replaces sonic circuit zone.

DOWNLOAD
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/36Candycircuit.wad

Please give me your feedback!

I'm baffled about how this map isn't broken considering how many unclosed sectors there are. Anyway, this map simply doesn't work for Circuit. Searching for Star Posts doesn't work, and the map doesn't flow. It also doesn't look like a Candy Circuit, either. =/

EDIT: The concept is really good, though.

Most of the unclosed sectors can be resolved by simple sector joins. Since there aren't any horribly messed up sectors (like a sector with linedefs split across the entire map) and most of the broken sectors share the same attributes, it isn't altogether surprising that it causes no visual issues.

Personally, I'd fix them just to be safe.

Alright, the level seems to be the right difficulty for circuits, but what's with the starpost all the way out in the red area? And the Ideya sonic at the top, I had no idea that going for it was going to kill me. It would be cool if you could incorporate that into the circuit, kind of like CZ64's STJR Illusion.

I'll close the sectors.... Starpost in red area? I'll look for that.. I didn't notice.
For the ideya sonic, it was just for decoration, but touching it automatically ends the level, and I didn't want that to happen so I guarded it with an instant kill sector, marked by candy canes. And I know it doesn't look like candy, so I guess it takes imagination. I tried giving some areas affects to make it seem like candy (purple area(gum), slows you down, pink area, strawberry/watermelon, added spike balls to act as seeds. )

I'll fix the problems though.

EDIT: By red area, did you mean the building? That was meant to be there

Yes, that one. I guess I'm just wondering why it's all the way out in timbuktu if the players are just going to have to turn back around again.

Because then the stage would take too long to finish. I was aiming for it to be able to be completed in about 2 minutes.

Oh. I was talking about the finish line at the building...ehhh..

I put it there so that the turn cannot be skipped, and in case the "seeds" kill you.

EDIT: The area is pink. Not red. Pink.

Jellybones69 said:
For the ideya sonic, it was just for decoration, but touching it automatically ends the level, and I didn't want that to happen so I guarded it with an instant kill sector, marked by candy canes.
Why not use an invisible FOF (or two)? That way, people can't get close, and it'll still be visible.

Jellybones69 said:
Because then the stage would take too long to finish. I was aiming for it to be able to be completed in about 2 minutes.

Two minutes? I would suggest to work your levels just a bit more longer like five days, so that way you can look at the overview of your map and find any glitches or problems while testing the map. Maps are suppose to take too long to finish, so they can be released to the public without worrying about the problems and to have to go back to fix them, unless it's a very tricky map to make or you not noticing the problems while testing the map. So don't worry about getting map finished right away, take your time.

max+sonic said:
Jellybones69 said:
Two minutes? I would suggest to work your levels just a bit more longer like five days, so that way you can look at the overview of your map and find any glitches or problems while testing the map.
...He meant playtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back