Using SRB2 for Videos

Do you use SRB2 in videos to post of Youtube etc.

• Yes, often

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not often

• Only once or twice

• Never

• I never even thought of the idea

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you allowed to use SRB2 in videos. I know SRB2 is freeware so I think it will be OK to use in videos as long as you have permission and credit the authors of SRB2 for the video. But I am not sure, please can anybody tell me where I can either gain permission or find out how to gain permission. :D

You are allowed to make movies, but you must disable connection to the master server, unless you are playing in the right gametype.

Um, what? You don't have to have your internet connection turned off, what are you talking about..?

Vash said:
You are allowed to make movies, but you must have the internet connection turned off.

That doesn't make sense, why on earth would you be able to record offline play but not online, even Shuffle (A moderator) doesn't know what your talking about? :o

That only applies if you're not playing the gametype you're set at. If it's some sort of weird online speed run that you're doing, then having it on the master server is fine, as long as it's coop or race.

If it involves some sort of "cinematic" cutscenes and not just gameplay, then you'll want to keep it off of the master server.

Sorry, I wasn't thinking right... I meant: Don't advertise on the master server, not turn off the intenet connection.

As long as you have an IP that others can join by(If they know your IP address.), if you aren't hosting on the master server, yes.

If you're reading this, you're wasting part of your life....

You're allowed to advertise on Master Server, as long as you're recording an actual game. If you're making an actual movie, with a plotline, cutscenes and stuff, then join by IP.

Why if your making a movie with a plot and cutscene do you have to make it so you join by IP. Is this so you make sure people know you are filming them or something?

Recording a movie with a plot is classed as 'role play' which is against the Master Server Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back