What's with all these downtimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sega32xSux

*Orbit*
I've been noticing a lot lately that the server has been going down. I can tell by the MS page being blank on here, and in game, it saying "Fetching server info" for a while then nothing happening. Why?

For what feels like the 50th time:

犬夜叉;775548 said:
"Maintenance".

For one, as you might be able to tell, SRB2.org's server is already having a somewhat rough time. I've been a little frustrated by it but there's little to nothing I can do about it, after all.

For two, the MS is pretty poorly coded -- much more so than the game itself -- and heavily reliant on things that a master server really shouldn't rely on. Like, for instance, this specific version of vBulletin. It's not even fully complete, and has been falling apart for a while.

There is little to nothing we can do besides completely rewrite the Master Server from scratch, and that's taken a backburner to a lot of other things (for most devs, actually pushing 2.1.15 out; for me, moving; etc.). Currently I think Alam has the MS set to restart twice a day or something; that's about the best we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back