SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion > Bug Reports

Old 04-22-2014   #1
Fred
Retired

Default Addfile/TEXTURES parsing error

If you load a wad file with a custom TEXTURES lump, enter/reload any map, then attempt to use ADDFILE to add any other wad file, the game will crash with the error:

Quote:
I_Error(): Error parsing TEXTURES lump: Expected "WALLTEXTURE", got "patch"
This error will occur regardless whether or not the second wad file has a TEXTURES lump, and will not occur if all the wads are added before ever entering a map.

Last edited by Monster Iestyn; 08-14-2016 at 01:59 AM.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015   #2
MudkipYeah!
Vastly Short Attention Span

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Chaotikal View Post
If you load a wad file with a custom TEXTURES lump, enter/reload any map, then attempt to use ADDFILE to add any other wad file, the game will crash with the error:

This error will occur regardless whether or not the second wad file has a TEXTURES lump, and will not occur if all the wads are added before ever entering a map.
Don't you just love the "new" texture system. You may be aware that they did implement a new texture system (I had to work with it at the start of 2.1, because funny joke wad is funny). I personally had this problem later on in 2.1, see scr_shadowcastle, but I don't really know what conditions set it off.
Old 04-05-2016   #3
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Does this issue still occur as of 2.1.14?

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016   #4
Prime 2.0
Grape flavored
Administrator

Tried to reproduce using b_schoolhouse.wad (Yes, that's for thokker, but it has a TEXTURES lump so hush), loaded into the map in question, and tried adding some wads - some with levels, some without. Nothing happened.

Did you use a specific wad in particular?
Science tells us that nothing can be proven, only rendered more likely to be true. If we do not question what we already know, how can we know, much less admit, when we're wrong? Such things are vital to progress.
Prime 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote