I need help with multiplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamKitty

Everytime my friend tries to go into one of my multiplayer games it says "Master Server failed" And same when I try to go into her games. And we tried reinstalling, but no luck, please help! :(

There is no Master Server, so don't check "advertise on the internet" or something whatever :? .

Are you using the net launcher or the in-game multiplayer menu to connect to each other?

a441 said:
In case SS005 wasn't clear, "There is no Master Server" also implies "searching for games doesn't work." You'll need to get your friend's IP address and type it in, or vice versa.

Netgame FAQ nobody ever reads

Logan made one if I'm not mistaken. Everytime I host a netgame, it says "This game has been registered to the master server". Therefore, it looks like it works. :)

hotdog003 said:
Lies! All lies! There is NO master server, and therefore it cannot be registered.

welll, what SCC said is true, Alam and I do have a master server runing at http://srb2.kicks-ass.net/srb2ms_status.php

but in offical 1.08, the menu for the master server was removed, and our (AlamGBC & Logan_GBA) code for SRB2 Inet 1.08 version had been broken for the time, We are re-writing it without all the crap and add-ons we did last time, it will just have a Master server menu to pick on-going games from, and a Linux/SDL version for Orospakr

Edit: fixed grammar, also I do not know srb0.dontexist.net had a pop-up on it, Firefox always blocked it, it seems

Oops. My bad.
Well, actually, I can't get that working. How do you use that master server? I tried to set the server name in options, but when I use "listserv", then it says that it cannot connect to the master server. Is it just disconnected?

hotdog003 said:
How do you use that master server?

edit or add a line in Srb2's Config.cfg and or glconfig.cfg to

Code:
masterserver "srb2.kicks-ass.net:28910"

if you don't know, glconfig.cfg is used when runing SRB2 in opengl mode

I don't use OGL, and I DID set the server to that in the options.
When I try to host a game, then it complains about a UDP Bind or something.

EDIT: Oopsies. I set it to "srb2.kicks-ass.net;28910". Stupid semicolon. Works now. Only trouble is that there's nobody to play with. Boo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back