Accessing Emerald Hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

U.Flame

For a while now, I've known about Emerald Hunt's existance but never knew much more than that. I kinda figured it was an outdated game mode or something. Recently, I became more interested and did a little research. People are still getting it to work in 2.1 so that means its still around. I couldn't find much more than that. Couldn't find any mods, settings, or anything of the sort. At the risk of sounding like a noob and/or idjit, how do I play Emerald Hunt?

If I recall correctly, a stage must have three or more emerald tokens for emerald hunt to be enabled, and it must be a single player or coop level. None of the official levels use this, so you'll need to find/make a WAD that does.

From my knowledge, the only one for 2.1 so far is GMS. The first level has an optional emerald hunt, IIRC.

For 2.0, there were a handful, but I cannot name any off the top of my head.

For 2.0, there were a handful, but I cannot name any off the top of my head.

There is a Sonic Adventure 2 wad for 2.0 that features some treasure hunt levels but for some odd reason, some levels end when you only collect one shard or even two.

Don't remind me. I think that mod spawned my hatred for Emerald Hunt because of how awful the author executed it.

@U.Flame: GMS is honestly the best emerald hunt level that you can try; don't bother with any others.

Ooh yay! New level or on top of existing ones?
...oh. Well then. Still gonna look forward to it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back