Permission to upgrade 1.09.4 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Violo

Resisting Pony Avatar
I plan to use these three maps for revamping so that people who liked particular CTF stages could play them in 2.0.
Here they are:
Isolated Canyon Zone
Metal Star Zone
Dual Fortress Zone

So can I get permission from their original creators? I don't know who they are.

Good luck with that, it'd take a lot of work. Dual Fortress was considered one of the worst stages in existence. Please do not do a straight port, make them better. :(

So, do I have permission to edit these. Also, Dual Fortress is epic, well, me and DC find it epic. I plan to make it better, I have beta testers who can help. Texture differences and variation is my main goal at the moment.

We already tried to update Dual Fortress, and it was hard to break the symmetry as well as other issues that would be easier to make a whole new map rather then fix this one.

The base design in Metal Star was terrible, as there isn't areas where you could go for cover. It was pretty much impossible to defend that base. It also suffered from being symmetrical in too many areas.

All the 2.0 ctf maps strive to be symmetrical on only one point, preferably on the origin. It makes the map much more interesting to play in. CTF levels are hard to make, especially when it comes to base design.

hey im also making a mod. it contains single player versions of some of the multiplayer levels. it will have emerald stages, and not many effects, just simple sonic and mario platforms. can i do it?

...I desperately want a touched up Zero Ring zone. All it really needed was more rings/ring weapons and easier Sonic access. It can be saved. and it must be. FOR IT IS AWESOME.

The closest thing you may get could be a strait port with a commentary card about why the level is bad now.

Zero Ring Zone might actually work with the new match system with a small game, say 2-3 players.

Can someone please answer my question? Then I'll be done. A yes or no. I don't care.

Just go ahead and do it. Of course it may be redundant since you will be competing with Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (The title is a pun) which covers 1.09.4.

glaber said:
Just go ahead and do it. Of course it may be redundant since you will be competing with Sonic Robo Blast 2 The Past (The title is a pun) which covers 1.09.4.

There's a difference between porting and improving maps, you know.

D00D64 said:
glaber said:

There's a difference between porting and improving maps, you know.

'Cause I'm improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back