SRB2 Unlockables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze C

Average Circuit Enjoyer
Here's the main question: Why all RedXVI's easter eggs\unlockables have been removed, will they back in 2.2?
I mean, they don't are needed or important but, there should be a reason why did they were removed.
Not only RedXVI easter egg but, many awesome things:

That "beedee" easter egg thingy (2.0.X)
CEZ Act 2 fence opening with 7 emeralds (2.0.X)
Bowser boss battle (1.0.9 - 2.0.X)
Awesome circuit system (1.0.9 - 2.0.X)
Splitscreen command (1.0.X)

NOTE: I DON'T MEAN THAT THEY ARE IMPORTANT\NEEDED I JUST WANT A REASON
NOTE2: IF THERE IS A THREAD ASKING SAME THING, PLEASE SEND ME IT

Last edited:
1st was likely removed for being useless, 2nd removed for making the level too short I believe, 3rd removed after remaking Koopa Blast entirely, 4th removed for being unbalanced thokfests, 5th Likely broke something and so was decided to remove it.

That's just my guess at least.

1st was likely removed for being useless, 2nd removed for making the level too short I believe, 3rd removed after remaking Koopa Blast entirely, 4th removed for being unbalanced thokfests, 5th Likely broke something and so was decided to remove it.

That's just my guess at least.
1ST Was really useless but, removing it doesn't make sense, 2ND DOESN'T MATTER! IT WERE HELPFUL! ;C;, 3RD.... Re-making? So, why they didn't remake Bowser boss battle too? It were awesome!, 4TH NO! It were awesome! at least for sonic players circuits doesn't make sense without laps! So they should be re-made or just ported :p, 5TH I had so much fun when playing it with my brother! I remember that, it were usefull for me!
Also, some useless thing they removed:
8th DAMN chaos emerald
Anyway, like you said: Only a guess.
You aren't a developer so you can't be sure of anything (i don't wanted to be rude)

without effort for trying to balance them.
Balance? I don't think about balancing!
I don't remember the exact name right now but, that circuit called "---- COAST ZONE" (2.0.X) weren't only for Sonics, it had many places to fly out.

Splitscreen mode is still in the game if you want to play with your brother again; it's under the Multiplayer menu. The command was disabled because it was buggy to change it in real-time, but the gameplay method isn't gone entirely.

where was that first easter egg found? I don't remember seeing or hearing it in 2.0.

if you want to play with your brother again
Sadly, i can't back to my childhood, anyway, thanks!
Also, i play SRB2 since 2.0.X so, i obviously know it, on 1.0.9 splitscreen you could do single player commands with multiplayer :p

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

where was that first easter egg found? I don't remember seeing or hearing it in 2.0.
It weren't so much usefull, so nearly nobody have heard about it, it were something like type "nipples" or "chuckles" on console and then this appear:

A tittle screen with a "enchilada" making annoying noises

Anyway, i don't remember exactly what to type in console.

Last edited:
Here's That "nipples the echidna" easter egg thingy (2.0.X)

What on earth do you mean by this?

If you mean the blue echidna that appears when you type "beedee" at the title screen, that's actually supposed to be David Bulmer (who currently also goes by DemonTomatoDave or such), the guy who composed GFZ 1 and 2 as well as the boss theme. The "beedee" thing references the emoticons he used to use back in the day, such as B^D. Not related to Nipples the Enchilada from that one comic, who is as far as I remember red-colored anyway. =P

Last edited:
What on earth do you mean by this?

If you mean the blue echidna that appears when you type "beedee" at the title screen, that's actually supposed to be David Bulmer (who currently also goes by DemonTomatoDave or such), the guy who composed GFZ 1 and 2 as well as the boss theme. The "beedee" thing references the emoticons he used to use back in the day, such as B^D. Not related to Nipples the Enchilada from that one comic, who is as far as I remember red-colored anyway. =P
1 - I didn't remember the name of it
2 - I mean "nipples the echidna" not from comic (WHERE IN THE HECK)
3 - I know, it were blue
4 - ...

Last edited:
...so you're not referring to the Hedgehog the Sonic comic or whatever it's called? Then I have no idea what else you meant by "Nipples the echidna".

Also how was I being rude? I asked what you meant since I didn't understand it, and then gave my best guess at what you might have meant and explained what it actually was about.

4 - Please, calm down, you are a Mod but, you don't need to be rude.

Don't tone police. At no point could you reasonably construe what he said as rude. If you have a problem with a post, PM a mod or admin. Don't call people out publicly. Especially when you're wrong.

Last edited:
Okay let's clear this up then.

The Nipples the enchilada meme comes from the Hedgehog the Sonic comic, the beedee easter egg is not based on the Nipples the enchilada meme but an unrelated in-joke specific to this community (which is what I described in my post earlier). Probably even predates the meme.

And he probably means because memes aren't really that funny anyway. =P

Last edited:
Okay let's clear this up then.

The Nipples the enchilada meme comes from the Hedgehog the Sonic comic, the beedee easter egg is not based on the Nipples the enchilada meme but an unrelated in-joke specific to this community (which is what I described in my post earlier). Probably even predates the meme.

And he probably means because memes aren't really that funny anyway. =P
I said "Nipples the echidna\enchilada" just because, at the momment i were writting i didn't remember the name of it, thanks for telling me that.

Here's the main question: Why all RedXVII's easter eggs\unlockables have been removed, will they back in 2.2?
RedXVI is an old joke. I'd wager 99% of the people playing SRB2 don't even know who he is anymore. We want people to actually get our references. We also have actual methods of unlocking things now with plenty of stages and content, unlike back in the old days when we didn't have much content and had less to use for unlocks.

That "beedee" easter egg thingy (2.0.X)
As you've demonstrated in this thread, that's an inside joke from the 20th century. We don't need jokes nobody gets.

CEZ Act 2 fence opening with 7 emeralds (2.0.X)
That was such a weird feature to begin with, in a stage that was clearly unfinished. Most people didn't even realize what triggered the door.

Bowser boss battle (1.0.9 - 2.0.X)
The Mario Koopa Blast stages from pre-2.1 are bad to say the least. The "boss battle" was even more trivial than the original one from SMB, and Mario has never exactly been particularly good in the boss department.

Awesome circuit system (1.0.9 - 2.0.X)
"Awesome" is not the word I would use to describe circuit. It was causing us to spend time on something that wasn't very good, so it was dropped. The code still exists, so if modders want to do something with it, they're welcome to.

Splitscreen command (1.0.X)
It was super buggy to be able to turn it on and off at will. Just start a splitscreen game from the multiplayer menu instead.

"Awesome" is not the word I would use to describe circuit. It was causing us to spend time on something that wasn't very good, so it was dropped. The code still exists, so if modders want to do something with it, they're welcome to.
For me it is still awesome, if it was removed, why did it even still in gametypes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back