[Open Assets] SRB2Cineblast

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I admit my last question was a stupid one. But now when I try to open the .exe file, it says WAD not found or not valid. Is there some special WAD I need to download or do I need to include my extra WADs in another folder?

Okay, I admit my last question was a stupid one. But now when I try to open the .exe file, it says WAD not found or not valid. Is there some special WAD I need to download or do I need to include my extra WADs in another folder?

Make sure all files are in your SRB2 folder.

Same with Cineblast files.

All of them are in the same folder. Could it be that some of them aren't 'valid'? If so, I need to be able to determine which ones and get rid of them.
Edit:
Actually, I found the one I need, it's the srb2.wad file. Would that be found within the src zip file?

Last edited:
All of them are in the same folder. Could it be that some of them aren't 'valid'? If so, I need to be able to determine which ones and get rid of them.

You can try download Cineblast again.
(Preserves file "r_opengl.dll", rename to "r_opengl2.dll")

Well, that's how I have it in my folder.

Well then that brings me to my original problem, there's some WAD or something that I don't have or there are wads that I can't have.

Cinefast, "gr_filtermode 5" doesn't work in OpenGL mode.

Code:
gr_filtermode 5
"5" is not a possible value for "gr_filtermode"

What makes me wonder is that, vanilla SRB2 and XSRB2 support it.

Last edited:
Cinefast, "gr_filtermode 5" doesn't work in OpenGL mode.
Code:
gr_filtermode 5
"5" is not a possible value for "gr_filtermode"
What makes me wonder is that, vanilla SRB2 and XSRB2 support it.
Well, the reason for this is that SRB2Cinefast doesn't have SHUFFLE defined. If "#define SHUFFLE" was uncommented "gr_filtermode 5" could be used in OpenGL mode. That's the reason why "gr_filtermode 5" doesn't work in SRB2Cinefast. Is there any reason why SHUFFLE isn't defined in SRB2Cinefast?
Personally, I like "NEAREST_MIPMAPPED" (I think that's "gr_filtermode 5"). Also, if it's uncommented, SRB2 doesn't remember your texture filter.
What good is it to not define SHUFFLE?

Well, the reason for this is that SRB2Cinefast doesn't have SHUFFLE defined. If "#define SHUFFLE" was uncommented "gr_filtermode 5" could be used in OpenGL mode. That's the reason why "gr_filtermode 5" doesn't work in SRB2Cinefast. Is there any reason why SHUFFLE isn't defined in SRB2Cinefast?
Personally, I like "NEAREST_MIPMAPPED" (I think that's "gr_filtermode 5"). Also, if it's uncommented, SRB2 doesn't remember your texture filter.
What good is it to not define SHUFFLE?

SHUFFLE causes massive slowdown. I may try to identify the specific problem. I could re-allow the filtering though, that doesn't cause too much slowdown.

SRB2 Cineblast Wiki
While not a high priority, SRB2Cineblast has made some inroads on achieving slopes. The ZDoom plane alignment code was successfully ported, and rendering them is possible with the hardware renderer. Slope physics can also be achieved with a special triangle formation of invisible things.
I lol'd.
Is this supposed to be a late April Fool's joke or something?

Since that was written last year, no, it's not a late April Fools joke. But the chances that it's gonna get made and released are, let's be honest, exactly zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back