What the hell just happened? (We moved!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Right, guys, due to the rather common 500 error we had last week, the decision was made by SSNTails himself (It was mentioned to him, he said yes...) to move the MB and pretty much all that was left of SRB2.org on Sepwich over to the new server.

Yes we did have a bit of downtime, big wow, we lost 5 spam forum posts and that's it, no big deal. All forum links will redirect to still work, but please use http://www.srb2.org/mb/ links from now on. We shouldn't have any more slow MB problems ever again. The MySQL database had about 11mb of overhead, which may not sound like much, but trust me, it is. All you need to know about overhead is that it causes database queries to be slower.

On a lighter note, I setup an RSS feed that will get a 20 thread feed, ordered by the timestamp of the last post made. Modern browser users will be able to subscribe to this feed up above in their browser toolbar by clicking the RSS button, but here's the link anyway:

http://www.srb2.org/mb/rss.php

Enjoy.

Also, three new administrators have been appointed, mainly due to there being no point them not being since they run the SRB2.org server anyway. These three are myself, Alam and Logan.

Have fun guys, any problems you find report in this thread (or PM me if they are a threat to national security) and I'll sort them out ASAP.

Finally. I think these 500 errors were the also the reason why I kept getting booted off even though I have cookies saying to log me in automatically. Any chance we can lower the post and search limits now?

Congratulations on the promotion, by the way.

I wonder how many people are going to complain about Cue, Alam, and Logan possibly abusing their admin power soon. I bet it will be quite a few people. For me, I am neutral on the fence atm.

Sonict said:
I wonder how many people are going to complain about Cue, Alam, and Logan possibly abusing their admin power soon..
Why would they?

I dunno. Some people are like that. I honestly think it might happen, but on a larger note, I don't see it will happen at all. It is not like Cue is god and he can start changing things on a dime. If that ever happens, he would lose any respect we had for him.

Sonict said:
I wonder how many people are going to complain about Cue, Alam, and Logan possibly abusing their admin power soon. I bet it will be quite a few people. For me, I am neutral on the fence atm.

I will find a way to disable the LOLBan for myself, ok?

Sonict said:

OMg they WILLZ ABUZE THEY POWEZRS!!!!!

I can see it coming too.^_^

The Administrator rank looks good on you Cue. :)

Also, RSS Feeds update web pages in real-time, (I think) instead needing to refresh it manually yourself.

Finally! I got a lot of those 500 errors!

But on a lighter note, congrats, Cue *applauds*
Oh, and congrats to you other guys. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back