[Open Assets] New Multiplayer Weapon - Inferno Ring

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
The Inferno Ring is a new multiplayer weapon that leaves a trail of fire behind it as it travels, similar to the Elemental Shield's spin ability. The flame trail stays for 1 second before it dissipates. Since the ring and the trail have the MF_FIRE flag, the Inferno Ring is ineffective underwater and against targets with the Elemental Shield.

Panels and ammo drops give 5 ammo each
Maximum ammo is 50
1/2 second cooldown when firing, 1/3 second for Knuckles
Flame trail color matches your skin color to avoid confusion

The included wads can be used to replace either the Automatic Ring, Explosion Ring, or Grenade Ring with the Inferno Ring. Rail and Scatter might not be possible due to firing in special ways, and I'm running into a problem with Bounce rings disappearing, so those weren't included in the pack.

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• srb20013.gif
    srb20013.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,003
  • infernoring.zip
    5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
I did not have anyone to test this with in multiplayer, but it seemed to function well enough without issues regardless, so welcome to releases.

Awesome! Do you think you could make it so that it leaves a pile of flames on the floor after the ring hits a wall?

Like a flame explostion ring

Awesome! Do you think you could make it so that it leaves a pile of flames on the floor after the ring hits a wall?

Like a flame explostion ring

It's probably possible, but I don't really want to do that. My main intention was to make a new weapon that felt pretty balanced. I'll probably need to work on it a bit more (so I'd definitely like feedback), but we already have a weapon that explodes when it hits something, so I don't see any reason to make this weapon do that.

This seems to be more of a tactical weapon rather than an aiming weapon, really.

If you slowed the firing rate a little and made the trails last longer, they would make great path denial weapons in combination with other rings.

I could play some rounds with you to try it out if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back