Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal-Rawr

Also known as Teravolt now
Oh boy am I excited for this. This is better than Christmas!

Yesterday, the image of CoroCoro's newest issue was revealed, with info on a probably new Pokemon game using 3D models for the 3DS. I didn't post about it because of the lack of information, and it might've been some false alarm.

Today, serebii.net shared these images!
BhTM2.jpg

KyAvd.jpg

P2gOy.jpg

It is indeed, the next installment of the popular (well, not here really :P) Pokemon Spinoff:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth.

I've been waiting for this for quite a while (me and another certain individual on these forums of ours) mostly because every installement (excluding the WiiWare Mystery Dungeons) were always better than the last in some way or another. Information on the game as it appears on serebii.net:
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth
The first image sof CoroCoro has been revealed, showing a new game for the 3DS coming this winter called Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth. It's coming to Japan this year. In this game, you start off as a character who turns into a Pokémon as you fall into a dream. Possible Pokémon are Pikachu, Oshawott, Axew, Snivy & Tepig. This game is in full 3D. Unlike past games, this game appears to be standalone, rather than having two versions
It features a variety of Pokémon including Pokémon from Unova such as Gurdurr, Hydreigon and Virizion. You receive Quest Requests from Dunsparce, Cofagrigus runs a store, to which we don't know the details. Rampardos runs the Treasure Store. Kecleon returns, having the usual Goods store, with many items around it.
Finally, it has an Augmented Reality feature. If you scan things, they become Magnagates, which open up paths to new dungeons for you.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for this for quite a while (me and another certain individual on these forums of ours)
Better add me to that list of two. =p
I may not be all that good at the game, but boy am I excited for this. I love the mystery dungeon series a whole lot and pretty much everything about it except monster houses. Stupid monster houses...

Hah, the fact my characters in PMD1 was Charmander (Heat Wave) and on PMD2 Pikachu (Discharge) made those actually really easy! It was a game of target practise, seeing how many I can take out in one Discharge :3

Wouldn't this technically be 4? The PMD for the Wii never came out here in America. I wonder if it will ever arrive.

Actual trailer!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9toyo8_IApw
Some info about the game:
Appearantly, the way to choose a character isn't by a quiz anymore. It is done using the 3DS Camera... somehow. I guess it's kind of like how the Mii Maker camera feature works? Also, the starters are limited to only a few pokemon it seems (listed on the first post). That's kind of dissapointing.
In this video you can also see how looking with your 3DS at some objects, you can open up dungeons! That's a really cool feature IMO.

. . .the starters are limited to only a few pokemon it seems (listed on the first post). That's kind of disappointing.

IMO, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue had a somewhat decent list of choices being the first game and all; Starters ((By that I'm referring to pokemon like Charmander and Treeko, not the list as a whole)) pretty much overran the commons but it had other good choices if you hated being a Pikachu or a Mudkip. Time/Darkness was pretty. . pretty. . poor when the starters overran the other Pokemon choices, which too were just very limited.
Mystery Dungeon Sky was a great improvement by mixing up between starters and other common pokemon, and I knew a few people who were happy as hell that Eevee was back, and Riolu and Shinx were added.

I don't see why they can't just take Sky's example and mix it up with balanced and/or popular pokemon. Heck, I'd be satisfied if I could play as an Elekid or a Ralts in this new game, so long as they or any other choice doesn't dominate the starting and mid game completely.

Also I REALLY hope we can have at least two save files or more.

Lucky for me, Snivy and Axew are two of my favorites. Though I wouldn't mind being able to use a Ralts, or an Eevee, or a Ponyta, or a Mienfoo. And of course, I would love being able to play as a Shaymin most of all. But you know, legendaries and all.

@Tenguman that'll mean that they'd have to disable all online features so you don't rescue/ trade with yourself or use someone else to help you do that. They can maybe make one save file have no online features... but people will find a way around it, I'm sure.

@Charyb have you even beaten Sky yet? :P
You can play as Shaymin in it. But you know, after game completion and all.

Last edited:
The simple fact that this game is using fully three dimensional graphics instead of sprites makes this infinitely more interesting. I played the first two, and while I loved the first one the second was too much of the same. Let's hope the gameplay is as alluring.

More news!
Japense release date is November 23rd for 4800 Yen, and it will be purchaseable both in retail AND on the eShop, much like New Super Mario Bros. 2. Also from the boxart (seen below) you can notice the fact that the game uses the Nintendo Network. No info what for yet.

ksK69.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back