• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Roboeggcity act 1 wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

roboegg99

This is act 1 of roboeggcity wad, there will be nine acts in all the people that I know are going to help is sms and goldshadow, I just did this to show them what roboegg city looks like.

here is the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1rut2q

p.s. so people don't talk badly about the wad. there is 3 mistakes.

1st: I did not put thok barrier because i was having trouble doing it in doombuilder.

2nd: I did not add name and music because i don't know how to open doombuilders map header.

3rd: The first act was just a easy level because its kinda the entrace to the harder/medium levels.

Mazelike design, overuse of THZ turrets, flat landscape, and undeafed rings. I pointed out three of these things in your last topic, and also pointed out a few things that you listed as well. roboegg99, if you want people to want to play your wads, and if you want to get better at making levels, you need to start listening to criticism. Missing thokbarriers and mazelike levels are VERY bad, and need to be corrected before making a release.

Well like I said I was just making it to show the people who are gonna help with it what it looks like, but I am doing acts 1-3, and i think not sure yet what sms or goldshadow want to do.

p.s. Why I did not put the thok barrier is because doombuilder was not connecting the wall around the level to make it a barrier so thats why, and when I made a video I used tails so i dont have to worry about thok barrier but I know for sonic I do, so to not let anyone down I will try to work the thok barrier.

p.s. I am trying my best on proofreading and grammar because I don't have spellchecker and I proofread this and it is a okay message.

Well I don't have google toolbar and I have no spellchecker programs, so that is why I proofread and try my best at grammar.

Okay, first off, you NEED to stop making these subpar levels. You need to correct design flaws like no thok barriers, mazelike design, unclosed sectors, overnumbered enemy number, and the like. Like FF said, in order to improve your levels, you need to start listening to critisism. Otherwise you won't get any better at all. Trust me, I've been there. FF was there to tell me what I did wrong, and I've improved from then. Listen to our advice, please.

I am listening to your advice but as you can see I can't make the thok barrier because doombuilder always messes it up, so untill I can find out how the level will be missing a few things.

I always make the thok barrier first, I really don't know why people keep making it last. If you really must make it last, select all of the outside lines of the level that are facing the thok barrier, and change their back sector to whatever number the thok barrier's sector is.

Okay thanks shuffle I will try that and edit the level and make the level abit longer than it normally is, and take away the turrents, but yeah i will make it better.

Shuffle said:
I always make the thok barrier first, I really don't know why people keep making it last. If you really must make it last, select all of the outside lines of the level that are facing the thok barrier, and change their back sector to whatever number the thok barrier's sector is.

That's only with WadAuthor and people who don't have AutoStitch on in DB. This guy is using DB, so if he has autostitch on, he can just make the thok barrier around the outside of the level and change the height of the thok barrier to what you choose. Since it makes the former single sided linedefs double sided, you're going to have to redo the textures for the outside walls of the level.

guys....its a demo...so that people will know what to expect and the people making it will no what to do, don't start flaming now.. :(
Also roboegg, don't put the chaos emeralds in the level, it ruins it, just make a modified special stage or something.. anyway shall I get started on Act 2?

Gold Shadow said:
Guys,its a demo, so that people will know what to expect and the people making it will no what to do, don't start flaming now.. :(

This is pretty much the same thing as that "atomic level" thing.
It is just a boring, maze,with no reason to even jump, no thok barrier,
overuse of turrets, unclosed sectors, undeafed rings, all the Chaos Emeralds in it, and overused enemies.

I have not seen any improvements since the last time.:|

Take our advice and you will get better at this. :?

It's not flaming, Gold Shadow, it's called constructive criticism and is used to help people improve.

well....yeah, you've got a big point there. Tell you what roboegg, ill make a level and modify act 1 a little bit, then send it to you.Try and mimic that level a little on the other acts, depending on what everyone thinks about the level.

Okay I am gonna answer everyones questions, I did not do this ealier because i was afarid of my grammar, but anyways,

1st: I did not put all chaos emarlds in one level I only put two.
2nd: This is actually better than the Atomic level wad.
3rd: Goldshadow I sent you a pm on what you can do
4th: I didn't put thok barrier because doombuilder is still making it hard to put in, I even looked at the tutorial.

There I hope that answered all your questions.

Ok...
I just want to give you some hints for your future mapping-projects, so I changed the level, that it looks like more the way it should look like. :wink:

So what did I do?

1. I nearly made the sectors three or four times bigger. (Your maps really are too cramped. You can't see anything and you can not run threw it with highspeed.)
2. I deleted all objects. (There were too many and too many senceless, randomly placed ones.)
3. I changed some corners and circles so that you are able to run threw them more easily.
4. I added a thokbarrier and a sky. (This makes you actually believe it might be a city.)
5. I changed the ground texture. (It was too bright and too small. Espacially along big areas it turned out ugly.)
6. I added some scenery objects and textures. (There was nothing interesting in your old version. Only three textures and only one heightlevel.)
7. Keeping in mind it should be the first level, I placed one hidden token, that can be found not too hard and not too easy.
8. I left some areas unused. (Maybe you can try to fill these with a few things that would underline the city-atmosphere).

As point 8 told you I didn't finish the whole map, I just modified it to something you can work with. I think kept in this style it might become a good and amusing map.
I hope this will help you!

Here the link:
KLICK TO DOWNLOAD

Roboegg, you shouldn't have any problems with the Thok Barrier. You just need to make a big sector around the level, and then set the floor and ceiling height to your liking. Remember, the flook and ceiling height need to be the same. Also, after the Thok Barrier is applied, the textures for the outer walls of the level need to be reapplied. If you've got Doom Builder and have Autostitch on, then that's what you should follow.

Thanks for all the help and advice now I really think that I can make a really good level so thanks for everything.

Okay heres all the acts that means the one morph did the two iIdid(short levels) ,and on the boss level I just made a sign where you can end the level because I don't know how to make the level end after eggman is defeated. but heres the download links.

roboegg city acts 2-3(made by roboegg)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ak1eh2

roboegg city act 1(made by morph)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g0w5vd

note:They still misss the level name and music, but thats because I still can't get doombuilders mapheader to work.
credit:to morph and robo for acts 1-3 the next acts should come by goldshadow I think I don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back