SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 11-29-2016   #5441
Simsmagic
i 2 i

A command line parameter that starts the game in Devmode 1 would be useful.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5442
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreeperDemon View Post
REALLY! Classic Sonic is my one of my favorite characters. I have plans for a level pack that I may make where Classic Sonic has discovered new zones and has to explore them!
Sneak peak of zone names.
Jungle Safari Zone
Blazing Mine Shaft Zone
Boss 1 Name: Mechanical Moto Bug a Moto Bug but it has spikes on its sides back and top of its shell and it can fly.
;]
Classic Sonic is already in the game. Im not even sure why sega even considers different iterations of Sonic as seperate characters, it makes me cringe.
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5443
Boinciel
ヒトデパンと奇妙なジャム
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsmagic View Post
A command line parameter that starts the game in Devmode 1 would be useful.
It would be useful, but an easy workaround for this would be to add a bind in autoexec.cfg to force it on so you could have a single keypress do it, like "bind [ devmode 1".

hubjim
Boinciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5444
toaster
トースタちゃん
Developer

Alternatively, use the + character in front of a console command in your batch file or launcher, so you can do "srb2win.exe +devmode 1"!
<MonsterIestyn> watch porm to keep warm
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5445
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

Devmode resets itself though when you start a game, mind.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016   #5446
SANICBOOM644
Blue Hedgehog Acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcade Gamer View Post
Classic Sonic is already in the game. Im not even sure why sega even considers different iterations of Sonic as seperate characters, it makes me cringe.
They are different characters although Boom Sonic is another entity. (Also merchandizing)
SANICBOOM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #5447
Simsmagic
i 2 i

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Alternatively, use the + character in front of a console command in your batch file or launcher, so you can do "srb2win.exe +devmode 1"!
I was mainly looking for a way to start it up from ZB so this works fine, thanks.
Simsmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #5448
Rumia1
worries too much

Can you please make it so the player rolls when they walk off a ledge and land while spin is pressed? I'm not sure if it's a bug or not considering this has pretty much always been a thing, but it seems a bit jarring considering that if you're already rolling and you land while spin is pressed, the player continues rolling like they should.
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #5449
Sapheros
That guy that ports

As far as I know, not a single sonic game actually does this. :v
Old 11-30-2016   #5450
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

Actually, every single Classic Sonic game does that. That's how half pipes worked :p

This has been my biggest pet peeve with slopes and I absolutely would love for that to change; I keep trying to do it and it's so jarring having nothing happen (it's not even half-pipe steepness, I just want to do it :V)

Last edited by TehRealSalt; 11-30-2016 at 03:23 PM.
TehRealSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016   #5451
Rumia1
worries too much

I actually made a really simple fix for it just before I posted that too, it shouldn't be that hard to impliment into vanilla...
Rumia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016   #5452
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

I dislike the way Music restarts after getting an extra-life, Can you change that for next release ?
Old 12-08-2016   #5453
Sapheros
That guy that ports

As far as most of us know, that's not really possible.
Old 12-08-2016   #5454
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
I dislike the way Music restarts after getting an extra-life, Can you change that for next release ?
Technically, you can actually change that for the current release. You just have to set "Use1UpSound" to true in the MainCfg.

That will play a sound (sfx_oneup) rather than changing the background music (to mus_xtlife), which means the previous background music can continue playing... but it also means the previous background music will continue playing while the 1-up sound plays, rather than muting and fading back in or something. Not to mention it counts as "modifying the game", so you can't save/unlock stuff.

I know of a way that could theoretically mute the music and fade it back in without resetting it, but I'm too busy playing games to figure out how to do that, and then also do that, but I have suggested it along with sort of how it'd work before in this thread.

Basically, the music volume can be altered without having to reset music, so by setting the volume to 0, playing a 1-up sound (like "Use1UpSound" does at the moment), then once the sound finishes gradually rising the volume to the value set by the player... You get the idea.
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016   #5455
Bright Tailz
A.K.A CommandoEclipse

Here's my suggestion: Why not make a setting in S_SKIN to change the size of the shields for the character you're currently playing as?
Old 12-08-2016   #5456
Arcade Gamer
Acts like a mature adult

It would be interesting when you're playing as Knuckles, eggman is replaced with eggrobo
Arcade Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016   #5457
Goldenhog
Wandering Protagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomioTheBadass View Post
I already suggested this, but still. It'd be nice if Use1upSound could be turned from a MainCFG parameter into a console command for the next release.
Goldenhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016   #5458
LuisTh

A type of save for the servers(when you get kick by synch or connection timeout) and when you press tab (in co-op mode) shows the players rings too.
Old 12-10-2016   #5459
frozenLake

I figure I'll post these suggestions here.

First off, having floor portals would be a really nice addition. They don't need to have slope support, or be able to be connected to wall portals, but both of those would be nice. Imagine running down a hallway, and suddenly, the gravity shifts out from beneath your feet, and you go falling to the bottom of the rest of it. Heck, if you could cause this to scale your character if you end up falling through one that leads to a smaller one, you could probably pull off some... interesting effects.

Second, through far more unlikely to be done, would be having GIF's store the state of the map, before saving demo information along with it at the end of the file, as that sort of thing might be useful in reproducing glitches. Actually, being able to just save the state of a map and export it to a file to be loaded by another person could cover this too.

Lastly, and this one might be far easier to pull off: being able to modify sprites displayed to singular players, so that, if there was a spy character for example, people on their team would see them as normal, while the other team would see them disguised. This can also be used for other effects, such as displaying a different sprite when it is viewed at a steep angle... though, if that were to exist, it would probably just result in more idiots suggesting loops.

Also sprite and patch rotation, since that would be really useful for nights stages, as an example, or even say, an analog clock in a stage somewhere.

Edit: Just gonna add this new bit here, since it would be better than me double posting...

Recently, in the process of making my map, I ran into some uncomfortable issues in my mapping, and came up with two linedef effects that would allow for fixing these issues, mainly involving curved surfaces. Ahem.

*A Linedef effect to stretch the flat of a floor and/or ceiling in a tagged sector by the distance between its vertices, making the flat repeat after reaching that point. a distance of 0 on either the X or Y axis resulting in a normal stretch on that axis.

*A linedef effect to stretch the horizontal and/or vertical length of a texture on a tagged linedef, using a similar method as the previous effect.

These two effects would prove invaluable, as in case of the first one, this can be used to align the bricks of a flat with that of its neighboring wall, which is especially useful in regards to slopes, which when using them in the shape of a curve, heavily deforms the texture when the slope gets to its steepest point. Where as the second effect is useful in the situation of aligning textures, incase you have a slanted brick wall, and want to keep alignment with the bricks on the floor, either with the flat walls on either side of it, or the slanted wall itself. (such as with 45 degree angles.)

I have no idea if you could adjust the scale of connected linedefs if they were all tagged the same way, but if that could be implemented, it would make things a great deal easier, especially in regards to curved walls.

Last edited by frozenLake; 12-12-2016 at 03:54 AM.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016   #5460
Sketch

Ok. Here's something I've been thinking of wanting in the game for a long time

Skidding frames, and other extra animations.

I honestly don't get why skidding animations aren't a thing in this game yet. You can skid, but it just shows a walking frame when doing so. It looks unnatural. So, skidding should definitely be added in the game. Other animations that should be added to me should be a secondary falling animation when your moving while falling down. There should also be pushing animations as well as objects that can be pushed. Maybe I'd like a second teetering animation as well, but those are the main ones I'd like to see.
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote