SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > SRB2 Discussion

Old 02-12-2016   #5041
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Great features to improve Multiplayer mode in SRB2 :
  • "Reconnect" command so we can reconnect to the last server we were in, make it easier to rejoin last session without having to take a long trip to the server list and having to find which one of the servers in there is it .
  • Allow spectator mode in Co-op, Race and competition, so we don't have to worry about other players getting stuck in levels if i decided to leave for a while (with playersforexit all set in that server).
  • Ability to set the number of players required to reach the exit and change to next level (not only "one" or "all") .
  • Some console command or option to disallow changing skin in Co-op games, or at least to apply the same skin changing restrictions that are applied to Match/CTF (for admins only of course) .
  • Spectators names should be displayed under scoreboard in Special stages .
  • Ability to turn on/off item respawning for Co-op and similar gametypes .
That would really be very helpful .

Last edited by RomioTheBadass; 02-12-2016 at 09:55 AM.
RomioTheBadass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016   #5042
StarmakerJasper
Hey, that's my pudding!

Random suggestion, but can CastleBot FaceStabbers get some of invulnerability or a hitbox when they're charging at you? Right now they're glorified thrusting Crawlas and I think they deserve a bit more love as an actual enemy. For some reason I think I remember reading something about this but I couldn't find anything from searching this thread.

I'm not sure if this idea would cause them to become more annoying than they need to be, so it'd have to be played around with to find a good balance between Crawla and Sharp.
StarmakerJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016   #5043
frozenLake

I figure this might be a somewhat weird spot to put this, but I have suggestions... not exactly for the game itself, but the forum.

* A new topic for Source Port Builds: Such as SRB2Wii and SRB2Mac. May come with a message stating that handhelds are typically not powerful enough to run SRB2.
* A topic for containing dev-comments on suggestions. Might help to cut down on duplicates, but this really isn't that important, and I can understand reasons to not have it.
* A page that acts as a GetWad Repo, containing all of the releases on the forum.
* A separate section in releases for MD2 Models, considering their popularity has risen.
frozenLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016   #5044
SeventhSentinel
FM synths forever
Developer

I'd like to see a sector special or linedef effect that gives non-FOF flats the waving water effect, floor- and ceiling-wise. I can't imagine it would be hard to do.
Old 02-20-2016   #5045
Phantom-blade
Oh Fuckles, It's Knuckles!

I would like to see Dark Blue return in 2.2. If it isn't possible, I would like to see it added sometime in the future.
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016   #5046
glaber
Emblem Radar Ready

if not already possible, a line def for music volume or music fade out. this could be used to make music track switches feel smoother instead of instant.

An example of where it could be used is the zoom tube in ERZ3 to Metal Sonic's Arena

Last edited by glaber; 02-20-2016 at 08:37 PM.
glaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016   #5047
Ors
Custom User Title

I have some pretty minor level design suggestions:

In Arid Canyon the camera gets sometimes stuck in the ropes. I think making them intangible would fix it.

The end part of Black Hole: I'd suggest making that green sector not damage, or make it red.

In Egg Rock Zone 2 there's a cave that needs more textures in my opinion. It would make the cave part more clear. That kind of texture alone is pretty confusing and it's hard to see properly where to go.

The teleportings in Pipe Towers could be more invisible. I didn't know how to explain it, so I remade the teleport in Zone Builder to show what I mean. More invisible could be just some more playing with teleport destination point, which isn't enough, I think. That's why the GIF is here with the "silent relative" teleport.

I can upload it if there's need for that. Also, it would be easy to do it for the other very visible teleport too.

Last edited by Ors; 02-21-2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Edit 1: Forgot screenshot. Edit 2: Wanted to make it more understandable what I want to say.
Ors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016   #5048
Zwip-Zwap Zapony
Please just call me Zappy.

For 2.2, could the "-colour-Wall" and "-colour-Flr" textures and flats be removed from srb2.srb? Oh, and after removing them, could we get "PaletXXX" textures and flats, where XXX is a number from 000 to 255, and the number in every texture/flat corresponds to, well, the palette index the entire texture/flat is coloured?
Zwip-Zwap Zapony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016   #5049
frozenLake

Actually, couldn't we have it so flat/textures can just be like #0080FF to get that color, or the closest possible color as a flat/texture? It could potentially work better than Adding 256 new flats/textures, and the method is already used for translucent FOFs... which might pose compatibility issues, I don't know.

...Actually, why not enable color translation for flats/textures, to be potentially changed with sector/linedef flags? I mean, this could be used for examples such as SFLR07, Yellow/Brown Plantlife, Old Special Stage Textures, and other textures that happen to be green originally.
Old 02-24-2016   #5050
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

What about sloped FOF. I would really like that

Last edited by MK.exe; 02-24-2016 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Spelling error
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016   #5051
RomioTheBadass
Right there, Criminal Scum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
What about sloped FOF. I would really like that
Just Slope the FOF Control sector itself, it's easy .
Old 03-04-2016   #5052
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

What i really want is the ability for knuckles to hit the other players as he is glide like in thonkker. It'll be a nice gimmick
Old 03-04-2016   #5053
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK.exe View Post
What i really want is the ability for knuckles to hit the other players as he is glide like in thonkker. It'll be a nice gimmick
Let's up the ante, why not have a match toggle for players to hurt each other with jumping?
Old 03-04-2016   #5054
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Let's up the ante, why not have a match toggle for players to hurt each other with jumping?
Even better, its logical!
Old 03-04-2016   #5055
Phantom-blade
Oh Fuckles, It's Knuckles!

A gamemode similar to Match but instead of throwing rings, You'll be rolling, jumping and thokking/flying/gliding into each other. if you jump/roll into someone in their spinning frames they won't do damage, instead you will bounce off each other like a bouncy ball. If you hit someone, you will get 5 - 10 points but if you get hit you loose 5 points. It will also have a team variant as well. but (obviously) won't do damage to your team mates, just the opposite team you are against. it would make a change from all the ring-slinging gamemodes we currently have. When Tails flies, he will still pick you up and gives a half a second to react.

Last edited by Phantom-blade; 03-04-2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Forgot to add how Tails will work.
Phantom-blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016   #5056
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

I'd like to see varouis game modes in vanilla such as:
- turf war (pretty much like monster psychic cat's spheres)
- 3 flag domination
- contact match with a player as supersonic, similar to supervirus
Old 03-05-2016   #5057
frozenLake

Since we are all on the topic of gamemodes anyway... how about a competitive collect the chaos emeralds gametype? The seven chaos emeralds are spread around the map, and if a team manages to get their collective hands on them, they gain a point, and then the emeralds are spread around the map, to be collected once again.
Old 03-05-2016   #5058
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomekop View Post
Since we are all on the topic of gamemodes anyway... how about a competitive collect the chaos emeralds gametype? The seven chaos emeralds are spread around the map, and if a team manages to get their collective hands on them, they gain a point, and then the emeralds are spread around the map, to be collected once again.
So basically a team version of Emerald Hunt with a time limit and infinite emeralds?
Old 03-05-2016   #5059
Ritz
cornstar

More like Capture the Flag with multiple randomly spawning flags. Because that wouldn't be confusing at all
Old 03-05-2016   #5060
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz View Post
More like Capture the Flag with multiple randomly spawning flags. Because that wouldn't be confusing at all
...That's the gametype of either Hardpoint, or Domination, not sure. Sorry to be a downer towards these gametypes, but when you water it down, it's a Sonic themed gametype from a FPS, minus Splatoon.