SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > SRB2 Forum Archives

Old 07-03-2014   #301
Retroben
Bruised-up Disgruntled Bear

Sorry for the four week bump.

I don't know how it works,but I now have SRB2PSP running in PPSSPP "Android" at playable speeds with almost no lag spikes!

Would you beleive that this is PPSSPP on my Fire TV?
I also overclocked the minimal rate of all four CPU cores to 800MHZ using Kernel Tuner.

I want to see a better video of the SRB2 Android port using keyboard controls for making Sonic move at the normal pace instead of a STUPID crawl into death.
I just can't gauge how well the in-game performance is in cybocat's two YT videos.
The menu runs at what appears to be full speed,but what are the specs of his device?

I want the port for Android really,really badly.

*talks into your ear*-->really,really badly.
Old 07-11-2014   #302
AlamGBC
WOO! GO ME! YAHOO!
Administrator

http://alam.srb2.org/SRB2/2.1.8-Final/

3DS FC: 0473-7778-0919
Old 07-14-2014   #303
kameron
kameron

how do use opengl on mac version of srb2 i really want to use md2 modelsbut i have a mac power pc so i cannot get wineskin please help

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

how do i use md2 models on srb2mac without wineskin

(kameron received a warning for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)
Old 07-15-2014   #304
kameron
kameron

Default help with Opengl mode

Hi i have been looking for srb2 1.0 for mac because I love md2 models and i cant use them on 2.1 .Can you please help me or tell me how OPENGL mode works on mac thank you

(kameron received an infraction for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)

Last edited by kameron; 07-15-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2014   #305
akirahedgehog
Toasty!

I don't think OpenGL works on Intel Macs on any version of SRB2, I am unsure of PowerPC however. You need to launch SRB2mac from the terminal for OpenGL. (If you need help with the terminal here is a good guide). Navigate within the terminal to the directory where SRB2 is located and enter "open Srb2mac.app --args -opengl".

Old 07-16-2014   #306
kameron
kameron

Default my terminal is not in my utilities folder

for some reason i do not have terminal any more and i got iterm but when i type open Srb2mac.app--arg -opengl it always says no such file can you give me a little more help akirahedgehog

(kameron received an infraction for this post: Use correct grammar and spelling.)

Last edited by kameron; 07-16-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 07-16-2014   #307
Vlad Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kameron View Post
for some reason i do not have terminal blah blah blah
To make your life easier, you can install Go2Shell. It opens a Terminal window with "working directory" set to currently opened folder in Finder program (that program where you browse and look for files). After you install that Go2Shell correctly you can open the folder where your SRB2 is stored, then press an icon of that program. Then just type "open Srb2mac.app --arg -opengl" without quotes.
As for me Srb2mac just lags as hell in software rendering mode, while OpenGL just does not work.

Last edited by Vlad Freeman; 07-16-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-17-2014   #308
kameron
kameron

hi dose any one have SRB2 1.09.4 mac i have been looking every where for it can some one please help me or give me a link to it please

Old 08-09-2014   #309
Fuse

Could you make a new patch for the latest version of, "Sonic Robo Blast 2" please?

-Thanks for reading my message and I would be very happy if you could do this. :-)
Old 08-14-2014   #310
Unknownlight

Y'ello. Alam, the Mac port is still at 2.1.8. Will you be updating the Mac port to 2.1.10 anytime soon, or are you waiting for this batch of patches to finish first?
Old 09-21-2014   #311
Alex Hofstadter
Axel Gebstadter's alter-ego

Hello. Excuse my stupidity, but how does the Linux port work? What version is it? If it's an outdated version, of SRB2, can I update it normally, with the patchs released at www.srb2.org, like I'd do with the Windows version?
Old 10-24-2014   #312
maxwellaguiarsilva
Default Help

How i get the lasted version (2.1.11) for ubuntu 14.04 64 bits. I installed using "apt-get install srb2" and installed version 2.0.6. On the website the latest version is only available for Windows.

Excuse me for my English, I only know to speak Portuguese.
Old 10-25-2014   #313
Captain Obvious
You're welcome.

maxwellaguiarsilva, I have Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit as well. If you want a more recent version, look at the first post in this thread. His goes up to 2.1.8, so you can't play online, unfortunately, but you get the new levels on single-player, and you can run custom WADS meant for 2.1.

One caveat, though. On linux, in 2.1.8, the game crashes on the final boss of Castle Eggman Zone. The bug was fixed after the release of it, but the patch didn't make it into the game until the next version. Strangely, this bug was only in the linux version, though, so Win32 versions didn't have that issue. So, after all that's been said, you'll probably have to compile from source to be able to complete the game without using DEVMODE to skip that fight.

Alas, I can't get the newer versions of srb2 to compile at all. Last time I successfully compiled it was 2.1.8 + the patch to fix the crashing.

But, to be totally honest, running the Windows version using wine in linux offers the best experience, even better than using it on real Windows 7! In running both linux game on linux pc OR windows game on windows pc, v-sync doesn't work correctly for me in full screen mode, no matter what settings I set in game or on my NVIDIA OR Intel card (I have an Optimus setup on my laptop). The tearing is horrible in levels like GFZ act 2 with those patterns all over the walls.

But running in wine + using the virtual desktop option and setting it to your monitor's full-screen size + using compiz as your window manager = you can run full-screen with no tearing, and no loss in performance. ^_^

Last edited by Captain Obvious; 10-25-2014 at 07:31 AM.