Weird Console Key Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

I am not so sure what happened or how it even happened, but for some odd reason my Console Key doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I have all my controls set to their defaults, therefore, making the ~ key be the default console key, but every time I try pressing it nothing happens.

I checked the control settings over and over again and it says that KEY96 is registered as the default console key. Oddly though, when I try pressing "~" key it is being registered as KEY128 instead of KEY96 like it normally should. This has caused me to also lose function of the right shift key, the apostrophe key, and also the pause key in the game. So whenever I try pressing any of those keys I just mentioned (except for the right shift key)the Console comes up for some odd reason. Whenever I try to press the ~ key the Console also pops up, but it spasms, or it seems like it, because it continuously goes up and down at a rapid speed, not like it normally should. Well I've set the Console Key to another key for the time being(the = key), however the settings say that KEY96 and KEY128 are still set as the console keys.

This has become increasingly annoying since I use the apostrophe key for 'flag toss' and the right shift key for 'spin dash'. I also use both keys to type properly. This problem only seems to come up in the game since I can type just fine outside of it. I figure that some keys are being processed wrong in the game or something. The only thing that I have done to try to fix this problem is to re install Srb2, but that really didn't do anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated. This problem has become terribly annoying.

Whenever I try to press the ~ key the Console also pops up, but it spasms, or it seems like it, because it continuously goes up and down at a rapid speed, not like it normally should.

This happens to me on my laptop too, so I just use \ for the console key. Your other problems do not happen to me however.

Not sure what kind of keyboard it is. I assume it's a US keyboard. It does seem to have a key that doesn't match with the rest and that would be the € key.

The € key stands for euro. Which is found on european keyboard. So long story short. You using a keyboard from europe. That probably explains the problem you been having.

English is the default input language and the only one which is actually being used. I use an Acer model Aspire 4520. I used to play just fine when I first got my laptop which was like 3 years ago or so. It was just around a month ago that the problem came up. I'm still not sure what happened exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back