Mario V. Apple: On Like 'Donkey Kong'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Apple is really just hyping things up. The iPhone has no real gaming controls besides a touch-screen (inaccurate without a stylus) and an accelerometer. It simply will not work very well for anything designed with traditional controls in mind. At least the Nintendo DS has physical buttons to fall back to.

Judging by the sheer lack of imagination in Apple's little gaming scheme, the games should, at an average estimation, be no more and no less the same as the system itself. Honestly, I'm all for someone to create a system that compiles all of Nintendo's features into one small box if it wasn't for the fact that pretty much everything they're adding is not their own idea. So, what's to say about their videogames? They might have all those features, but this is the field of videogame design we're talking about. I'm not willing to bet that there'll be plenty of jewels in the Apple videogame market, especially considering the fact that said games will be five dollars.

I'm fine with inventions such as the iPod and Mac (though I may never have use for them), but the apple tree is starting to reach into territory I really rather wish it would leave alone. Will someone cut off a couple of its branches already?

Until Apple has a legion of first-party game developers and top-name game franchise licenses behind them, I don't see this going anywhere.

There were several official gba games that had tilt functionality.
There are also several nds tilt carts for homebrew games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back