Problem with swinging chains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chengi

I like your attitude!
Kart Krew™️
I'm making a 2D map where you need to use a swinging chain to access part of a level, but I have a problem. When I DO get the chain to swing, it's at a 20 degree angle, and I want it to be perfectly horizontal. I thought this was because I had the linedef at an angle, and when I made the linedef perfectly horizontal. it didn't swing at all. I downloaded the example wads (two, one hanging and the swinging mace) and the mace was swinging at an angle, too. Does this mean I have to have my entire level at an angle, or is there a way around this?

If I need to elaborate more, let me know.

I think he's meaning if you grab onto it, you will be taken off the main 2D track, on a 20 degree angle from east moving northwards. (70T, N70E).

http://www.mediafire.com/?f5e6sl8mhqezazy

Mind the awkward object and texture placement, the actual level has graphical changes to compliment the awkward textures.

It's MAP02 where this happens, when you try and hang onto the chain, like Violo said, you're taken off of the normal 2D path.

I'm not sure what you mean by 20 degree angle. Could you send us the map in question?

I mean that the object has to be set at a 20 degree angle, because that's what sector I have it controlled under.

The control linedef has the wrong sector reference. Its front sector is 20, but it should be 117. Correct that reference and set the ceiling height in the control sector to whatever you want. That should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back