How do I Change Next Level on trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan the hedgehog said:
How do I change the next level on trigger? Like its Jade Coast Zone 2 and you get a temple then the next level is different.
Isn't that something to do with the custom exit (don't ask me how to work it because i have never had to use it before)

Turns out there is a custom exit for all act 2s in Mystic Realm no matter what. The custom exit uses the floor height to determine which map to go to.

Hence, say you're in map01 and the normal next level you want is map02, and the hidden level you want to go to if they activate something is map03. Set up a custom exit with a floor height of 2, and have the trigger that causes the map change activate a linedef executor to set the floor height in the custom exit sector to 3. Note that the nextlevel in the level header will not apply in single player at all when you do this; however, it will apply in Race, which is how Mystic Realm has a completely different map rotation in Race mode than in Single Player.

Turns out there is a custom exit for all act 2s in Mystic Realm no matter what. The custom exit uses the floor height to determine which map to go to.

Hence, say you're in map01 and the normal next level you want is map02, and the hidden level you want to go to if they activate something is map03. Set up a custom exit with a floor height of 2, and have the trigger that causes the map change activate a linedef executor to set the floor height in the custom exit sector to 3. Note that the nextlevel in the level header will not apply in single player at all when you do this; however, it will apply in Race, which is how Mystic Realm has a completely different map rotation in Race mode than in Single Player.
Um, is there an example for this? At all?

EDIT: I found custom exit example on wiki.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back