How do you fit such large avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current limit is plenty big enough for good avatars.

Just get a small picture of your favorite cartoon character, or your headshot, or some sort of object, or sumthin'.

open it up in photoshop and switch it to indexed color. Then save, and quit. Also, the image should be in PNG format.

Except that Photoshop has questionable program and interface design. I would recommend using Paint Shop Pro instead.

GIMP is a free alternative to Photoshop. Paint Shop Pro is a lower priced (and better designed) alternative to the same program ($100 compared to, like, $400).

Lawl Photoshop sux.

FoxBlitzz said:
GIMP is a free alternative to Photoshop. Paint Shop Pro is a lower priced (and better designed) alternative to the same program ($100 compared to, like, $400).

Lawl Photoshop sux.
GIMP's interface is utter crap and as for the steep prices for the other two... Well, there are always methods of obtaining them without having to pay such obscene amounts of money... ^_~

Personally, I like ImageReady the best. It comes with Photoshop and has a far better interface with all of the same features (And more!), making the use of the original Photoshop rather questionable.

ImageReady is really stupid. It's exactly like Photoshop except for, like, two more tools, and one removed tool. If Adobe were smart, they would have put image optimization into Photoshop instead of having two near-identical programs hogging up memory.

I myself use a program you've never heard of "Photofiltre", It's got a loooong list of filetype supports, a nifty interface that dosen't have you moving around thosands of windows. It's how I made all those darkworld avatars.

Draykon said:
I myself use a program you've never heard of "Photofiltre", It's got a loooong list of filetype supports, a nifty interface that dosen't have you moving around thosands of windows. It's how I made all those darkworld avatars.

But does it support Presets? ;) Heh heh, I don't know of ANY image editing program other than Paint Shop Pro that supports Presets. What will you do if you have to apply the same exact Brightness/Contrast adjustment multiple times? You can't, because programs like Photoshop don't remember those settings.

And never use MSPaint for image compression. It doesn't let you customize quality, and GIFs look absolutely terrible because they don't use any kind of palette generation whatsoever.

I use Paint Shop Pro 5, personally. Just saved it as a JPG and didn't worry about it.

GIMP is fine for just taking an image and saving it as another file format, but that's all I do with image editors anyways ^_~

Seriously, though, just save it as another file format. BMP is insanely large. Try GIF, JPG, or PNG.

ok, i have a question...

i know how to get an avatar, but how do you get a picture in your message???

Maybe by clicking the Img button and pasting the URL in? Nah. That couldn't be it.

<sarcasm>Thank you for that highly descriptive post. We now completely understand your problem. "it did not work" tells us everything we need to know. </sarcasm>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back