SRB2 v1.09 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to make a patch file for this, for the users who can't download it.
Hang on, this'll take an hour or so. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

OASN: How soon do you want the documentation for the new editing stuff?

There's also:
*Shadows in Software mode
*More resolutions
*Sonic thoks slowly under water
*Angelic Shield that lets you double jump
*Knuckles can strafe while gliding
*You can change between midi and OGG music on the fly
*Added springs in GFZ2
*Added Vertical conveyer belt in THZ2

*Knuckles glides slowly under water
*Knuckles goes into the falling animation when coming out of a glide
*Most of the shields colors were changed, apparently, with blue replacing green and stuff O.o
*orderpizza!
*Tons of menu option additions
*One of those 'undocumented' lindef specials is teh script-executing linedef exec! W00t!

A jab at /pizza in Everquest 2.

Oh, and:
  • *MAP function is now a lot more irritating. "THIS MAP DOESN'T SUPPORT SINGLE-PLAYER!"... it can be overriden (tack on "-force"), but IMO it shouldn't have to be. Oh well.
    *Weather in netgames. w00t.

I've gathered a few:
*Sonic seems to have a smoother control
*The new enemies, although they seem to replace Jetty-syns, they're still in CEZ
*Completely new objectives for unlockables, and now adventure example must have something REALLY interesting...
*FMOD is now used for sounds, making it sound BEAUTIFUL!
*There is now "Ring Toss" and "Ring Toss - Normal" control options in setup controls

I still have yet to play multiplayer, but I bet there are some new maps.

Also, what exactly does "orderpizza" do?

Nothing, in reality. It's just something that was put there when EverQuest did their /pizza command. In case you haven't noticed, there are alot of things in SRB2 that don't really do anything special, like BEEDEE.

Still downloading the sucker. So 2 things:

1. I heard something abot OpenAL, hope it's in this build.
2. Did the change music linedef get fixed?

Fujisawa said:
Did the change music linedef get fixed?
AFAIK, yes. I know that if you use TUNES to change the music, then get a life or invincibility or something that changes the tune, then when THAT tune ends, it goes back to the tune you selected with TUNES instead of the level's predetermined tune. It used to do return to the latter in v1.08.

I'm still waiting for editing features added, because I'll edit the WadAuthor config that is currently fit for 1.08, since a441/graue is gone for good.

furyhunter600 said:
I've gathered a few:
*FMOD is now used for sounds, making it sound BEAUTIFUL!

that would be s_fmod.dll for 3d sound, DirectSound is still do SRB2's SFX when there no surround dll.

Fujisawa said:
Still downloading the sucker. So 2 things:

1. I heard something abot OpenAL, hope it's in this build.

and that would be s_openal.dll... it goes boom......

PS: that both s_fmod.dll and s_openal.dll was done by me....

And once that's done I'll modify the existing DoomBuilder config to match up with that.

Speaking of which, what's the latest version of the DoomBuilder config, anyway? I know somebody updated it a bit after I fixed the map header-nixing bug.

There's a black emerald in OBJECTPLACE. If I collect it, along with the others...

Well, I'll leave that to your imagination. :wink:

Quite nice! :D

Tails has more control when flying now. Mystic told me this, and yeah, Tails is easier to slow down and speed up. He loses control when tried, though.

And don't forget the Mystic realm and all that. There are several improvements there, too.

furyhunter600 said:
I've gathered a few:
*Completely new objectives for unlockables, and now adventure example must have something REALLY interesting...
What do you mean? Everything looks exactly the same to me.

I encounter very bad FPS when I switch into one of the new modes. Something tells me that it "emulates" it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back