More Polyobject Crap-"IT NO WORKEY II"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

Yup. MORE polyobject errors.

[link]

If you will download this wad, please open it up in SRB2DB to help see what I'm trying to explain.

This is the first level in my new mod, the first in a series of MetalPacks. I already have most of the custom stuff in there (just so I don't have to worry about it later.) Anyway, in the upper left corner, you will see 3 boxes, each with a polyobject inside. Zoom in and see how it works:

It's supposed to be something like a large transport of some sort that when you press the button in the little shed, it drops down and then you step on it and it takes you over the relatively large hill to the end of the level. It's set up right, it looks like? Good. Test the map (it may take a little while to build.)

When you get to that part, you will notice some EXTREME graphical erroring that I have no idea how to fix. Get to the shed and press the button. It works... relatively right.

Now jump on it. Nothing happens.

If you wish to see the rest of the level, use Taild or Knux and fly/climb over the hill. Crack the code and enter the base.

PLEASE tell me: What am I doing wrong?

NOTE: This level is incompletable as Sonic. Also, the scenery will be spruced up a bit for the release.[\COLOR]

EDIT: Hold on a min, people. The [max size] on Google has been reached, and I don't have time right now to fix the file...

EDIT2: OK, I got the file, but it has no extra stuff. Only the extra textures file because SLumpEd crashed when I tried to delete it for some reason. There was also something else but I forget it...

EDIT3: I remember it. I have a backup plan if this polyobject stuff doesn't work.

Last edited:
Ok, it's been a week, and such, to keep the topic alive, I am................

DOUBLE POSTING!

Yeah, it's illegal, but if the topic was marked as new by editing, I wouldn't have to do it. =/s

Anywho, I also have three more questions:
1. What is the specific glitch caused by the rendering of flats by polyobjects? Can it be solved, and are the devs working on it? I would use them a lot more often if they were fixed.
2. My new computer has a 1024x768 screen. This is because it is used and is thus the only thing I can afford (I finally moved out of the family computer due to hogging.) Will this resolution ever be fixed or at least stay default?!?
3. It also does not have a scrolling touch pad and a mouse is a few days (or weeks) away. Is there some other way I can zoom in SRB2DB?

Thanks for all answers.

I didn't look at your WAD, but...

You can't move a polyobject outside of a sector without the visuals glitching up. The collision works great, however.

Welp, that explains it.

Onto Plan B; maybe I'll use the plyobject gimmick somewhere else where I can leave it in the sector and still have it work...

Or mabe I can make one big sector and just make the scenery out of FOFs...

No, that uses multiple sectors anyway. =/ (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back