SRB2 CONTEST: Calling all texture artists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give it some slight shading. Nothing to elaborate, but maybe add another shade and make the lines darker. Contrast plays a big part in the textures in SRB2, and too much shading would make the contrast less outstanding, but slight shading will make it possible to put darker stuff against lighter stuff without it being distracting.

How long is this contest going to last, it would be easier for me to take my time if I know what kind of deadline there is.

I'm not really sure how to put shading on a flat object without using ZOMG SPESHAL FX LOLZ!!!!1111222

But anyways, is it better now:
SUBERUBERWIN2.png

Is there supposed to be so little contrast? From a distance, that wood texture will be a single color.

Try spacing the lines and then darken them and make them thicker, then go around the lines and shade it with maybe two shades, then look over the whole thing to make sure it still maintains the same look you intended. The gears could also use some shading.

We have no way of knowing for sure that a 1.1 beta will be the prize, its only the most anticipated of the possible prizes. Personally I care less about the prize (any of the ones stated) than the opportunity to contribute something to SRB2.

A little show off of my textures. I haven't really been working on them very much though.

I like where you're going, Nitro. Try making them bigger, too. i.e., some of the rocks could be 256x256, really, since you don't want them to tile like mad.

Orangelink said:
Monster Iestyn said:
Here is another Texture:

ACZWAL01.jpg

Is this any good?

No, as these textures are for Arid Canyon zone. That looks nothing like something that would go in a desert like stage.

In that case, I'll see if I could make a better one. It was supposed to be for the rocks, but now I see your point.

I'm still not sure what everyone, but Chaos, thought of my sky back on Page 2... All Chaos said was that it looked bright to him...

I've got a question dealing with the wood textures... What would wooden architecture in a desert look like. It seems impractical and I'd like to see an example to be able to tell how its supposed to look.

I like that texture N3ver, but it doesn't quite seem as clean and blocky as the other textures in SRB2. I personally like it slightly geometrical as opposed to realistic. That way it still looks solid from a distance.

And is there a deadline for this contest?

JEV3 said:
I've got a question dealing with the wood textures... What would wooden architecture in a desert look like. It seems impractical and I'd like to see an example to be able to tell how its supposed to look.

Uh... think of ranch fencing? I dunno... Or a water mill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back