Confirmed Turning chasecam off sometimes causes visual weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Does not use Sonic.
More specifically, distortion of the vertical axis, and it usually happens when you're in the air (or sometimes when the game is paused)

srb20080.png

srb20079.png

These screenshots are taken F12ing the same individual. (On the same tic, even! Lolpause) Note the wavy water effect in screenshot 2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure this isn't a renderer issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, specifically when and where does this happen when you turn chasecam off? Is this reproducible every time in those instances?

Semi-random. Can't really tell, I don't have too much of an eye for such things - spend my time thinking about my opponents, really. I'll get a video. (It is in SRB2Cineblast, but as the screenshots show, it also happens in vanilla.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=l_6hX6dQVt4#t=249s
(glitch can be actively seen at 4:14, not too far from the time on the URL, also shown: me dying.)

EDIT: always fixes itself when you hit the floor. That's what I know.

Last edited:
Hmm... bump?

Considering this only happens in the air, (pauses not withstanding) it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult for someone well-versed in C to see where the glitch happens.

Hmm... bump?

Considering this only happens in the air, (pauses not withstanding) it doesn't seem like it'd be that difficult for someone well-versed in C to see where the glitch happens.

Could you better explain when it happens? And the process to reproduce it?

Fly in midair, then switch to chasecam 0, then it'll happen.
It doesn't happen 100% of the time, it just happens often and it's really annoying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back